Plugin Contributions

Default Digital Goods download button - possible to open new window?

Hi all,

I have my ZC install up and working great. There is one thing I'd like to be able to do, to make it simpler for my customers. I sell digital downloads of HD Windows Media Video files, and the products each have 2 attributes, the ZIP video file, and a link that installs a DRM license for them to be able to play the file.

That all works fine, upon purchase confirmation they get the 2 buttons with the phantom link locations, to download their video and link to the license download. But what I'd really like to be able to do is to spawn a new window for one of those download buttons, the one for the license installation. That way they don't have to navigate back to the purchase confirmation page after their license has installed, in case they click that button first before downloading the video.

So is there any code I can insert, like a JS window.open command, to spawn a new window for one of the download buttons (not the button connected to the download video file, just for the button that is linked to an html file, that has a link they must click to install the license; this is how the DRM license installation process has to work).

And if yes, where would I have to put in the code and what exactly should it say?

Thanks for any help!

Best,
    Patrick

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Digital Goods download button - possible to open new window?

As you write custom code to handle those needs, you might find some usable ideas in the code contained in this post:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...07&postcount=8

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I seem to be having a problem that is similiar. When an order has more than one digital download (which are PDF's), the customer clicks on the download button for one of the files, then after the download is complete (or the PDF is viewed) they click the back button in the browser and the success page is empty. I thought about changing the files to Zip files, but wouldn't that cause problems for MAC and Linux users?

Is there are way to specify how the download button functions so that it uses the "Save Target as" or open new window functionality instead of making the customer leave the success page? I changed the wording to let the customer know that they need to right click on the button and choose "Save Target As", but I think for MAC users they may not have that option...

I am using ZenCart 1.38a and the COWOA module so I am unable to use the login capability that would allow the customer to log back into the site to get to the download links that way.
    Thomas Brophy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On the Mac, if they're using Firefox, the menu options are the same as in Windows.
    If using Safari, the menu option is worded "Download Linked File As ..." or "Save Linked File As ...".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I seemed to have solved the problem of my were customers having losing access to the download links - when they have multiple downloads available after checkout. I changed the wording on the page - informing them to Right click on the download button(s) and select save Target as....

What was causing the customer problems was when they would left click on one of the download buttons and it would open up the PDF file (very large pdf file) in the browser. By the time the file was fully downloaded and they clicked the back button the confirmation page was no longer available.

DrByte thanks for your info on the Mac stuff...
    Last edited by TJB; 18 Jun 2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Thomas Brophy