Plugin Contributions

Default No Shipping Option When Combo of Virtual and Non-Virtual Products

Hello,

I've seen many posts related to this topic, but nothing that ultimately solves our problem.

The bug:

When a customer adds both a virtual and non-virtual product to their cart and attempts to checkout, they get roadblocked at the checkout_shipping page with the "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time." message (which I interpret as meaning "none of the shipping modules in use apply to your situation").

The same products work fine individually. On checkout the virtual product skips the shipping page and proceeds to the payment page, and the non-virtual product displays shipping options.

The settings:

We're running Zen-Cart 1.3.6 on an Apache, PHP 4.3.9

We're using the Zone Rates shipping module (Which we have unistalled and re-installed in an attempt to solve the problem, but no luck).

In Configuration > Shipping/Packaging, "Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status" is set to 0 so a zero weight does not equal "Free Shipping"

The virtual products have weights of zero (although we tried adding weight, with no change), are marked as virtual ("Yes, Skip Shipping Address"), and are marked "No, Normal Shipping Rules" for the "Always Free Shipping?" field.

Again, they work fine when isolated in the cart. The bug only occurs when combined with non-virtual products (which also work fine when not combined with the virtual products).

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    David Lake

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Shipping Option When Combo of Virtual and Non-Virtual Products

I just posted on this on another thread on how to use the COMBO shipping option on the Product when Adding/Editing a Product and how it works ... http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79841

This thread also may help you for when a Product is setup wrong ... causing the issue you may be experiencing ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69246
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to resolve the issue with the info you provided, although I didn't quite communicate the problem clearly.

The products in question were not combo virtual/non-virtual products. The bug was arising when both a virtual product and a non-virtual product were in the shopping cart at the same time.

My virtual products were actually PDF downloads, and I learned from the references you gave me that it's incorrect to mark downloadable products as virtual. So I changed the Virtual setting on the download products to "No, Shipping Address Required" and this solved the problem.

So the bug may still exist when a both a virtual product and non-virtual product are in the cart (with our specific configuration), but that may also be due to a product config problem, so we'll assume all's well!

Thanks again,
    David

Plugin Contributions

Downloads get marked:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules

Virtual Products get marked as:
    Product is Virtual: Yes, Skip Shipping Address

Normal Products (physical) get marked as:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    -- OR --
    Always Free Shipping: Yes, Always Free Shipping

NOTE: Always Free Shipping and 0 weight Products where 0 weight means Free Shipping need to have the Free Shipping freeshipper Shipping Module installed ...

If still a problem, have you a link to the products that ship fine separately but not together?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!