Plugin Contributions

red flag Event Calendar Broken - take out of download section!

Kudos for the effort BUT

The Event Calendar Download is broken. It has corrupted files in the archive (duplicate tpl & php [and other] files that start with a period "." and make Zen Cart break down, the style sheet is whacked - and - the author is still trying to make it work properly according to the most recent post from him.

Please for the sake of new people - take it out of the download section! I just spent an hour pulling defective files out and sorting the css layout - only then to get an array error from sql that the author has no reply to on the forum yet. It shouldn't be available for download yet. If there's a better spot for this post to make this happen - please forward it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Event Calendar Broken - take out of download section!

There are no guarantees with ANY contributions in the downloads area.

All of them are use-at-your-own-risk.

... and should always be installed on a test site first ... never use them on a production site without testing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    There are no guarantees with ANY contributions in the downloads area.

All of them are use-at-your-own-risk.

... and should always be installed on a test site first ... never use them on a production site without testing.
    I've read the disclaimer many times, all I ask is that if users like myself complain - someone remove the defective submissions and ask the author to submit it again when it works on his site first.

I'm just trying to help others avoid the work created (on my non-production site) because time wasted is time wasted.

Plugin Contributions

I personally prefer that it be left there as then someone else can come along to fix a problem ...

As DrByte stated, add-ons are offered as is ... and sometimes that may be a surprise ...

I prefer to work with a clean test site of the current version ... only takes a minute to make one ... and add the add-on to the clean version and see what works and doesn't ...

This way I am not fighting conflicts of other add-ons ...

It is a good test and practice ... and thanks for pointing out the problem, hopefully someone will address it in the future ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!