Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout Amazon Style -- Support Thread

Hi

I'm trying to install this checkout on my site but am a little confused with the instructions. I've tried looking everywhere on the forum but can't see this mentioned anywhere - so it must be me being thick.

It appears that the tpl_checkout_account_default.php and tpl_checkout_login_default.php files should be added to ..../template_default/templates folder and not .../CUSTOM/templates. Is that correct? I was under the impression that all amendments should go in the CUSTOM folder.

I've tried installing them in my custom folder, but the cart doesn't appear to be working. I don't have a problem with the other files - I've installed them in the right folders (hopefully)!!

Also, has anyone installed it so that I can see what it looks like please.

Many thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stone10 View Post
    It appears that the tpl_checkout_account_default.php and tpl_checkout_login_default.php files should be added to ..../template_default/templates folder and not .../CUSTOM/templates. Is that correct? I was under the impression that all amendments should go in the CUSTOM folder.
    The tpl_checkout_account_default.php and tpl_checkout_login_default.php that come in the zip file should be placed in the includes/templates/template_default/templates directory. If you wish to customise them then copy them to your template override directory and modify the copies same as you would any other template file.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Christian - it works just fine now.

The only thing that's niggling me is that none of the files (apart from css) have been put in the custom folders. What will happen to the files when we come to upgrade?

Thanks once again

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Christian - it works just fine now.
    Cool

The only thing that's niggling me is that none of the files (apart from css) have been put in the custom folders. What will happen to the files when we come to upgrade?
    None of the files overwrite any of the Zen Cart core files or make any changes to them so upgrading will not be affected. A couple of files are placed in the template_default folder because two new pages are created, checkout_login and checkout_account. Each page needs a default template file. Without a default template file for these pages the checkout would break if you changed template, e.g. switched to the Classic template to check something.

If you wish to change the layout of either checkout_login or checkout_account then you follow the normal procedure of copying their template files from template_default to your custom folder and making the changes to the copy.

Same thing goes with the language files used by the new pages. A default is supplied in case of template switching and if you wish to change them then copy them to your custom template folder first.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

I see... it's starting to make sense now (slowly but surely ).

If you don't mind, I have one other question....

How do I change the checkout login page to look like the one Beyond Euphoria ()
    I had a look at the code but it's a bit over my head.

Thanks once again for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, forgot to add that I tried setting Admin > Configuration > Layout Settings --- Use split-login page = true

Plugin Contributions

How do I change the checkout login page to look like the one Beyond Euphoria ()
    Erm... that is the split login page that comes as standard with Zen Cart. If you want to use that then you need to uninstall the Amazon Style Checkout mod (just delete the files you uploaded).

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

thanks so much for your help. Really appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

I've installed the download on my test site, and I have a couple of issues.

The first issue is that the page I see after clicking on the "Check Out" box is blank, except for two unlabeled data entry boxes and a link labeled, "Forgotten your password? Click here." We really can't have the page blank - I'm perfectly willing to make my own field labels, but: which file do I edit to modify this to have some user instructions??

The second issue is that the billing information page still requires a password. I've read this entire thread; I've seen the argument that it's "very low key" and that "most people don't mind" - but nobody here seems to understand our business model. Our site sells alcohol and drug addiction recovery materials. If our process is not as anonymous as it can possibly be (and still get the credit card information right!), we will lose sales, because people buying our materials don't, frankly, want to leave a trail. Any trail. Even a harmless password.

If I can't make the password optional, or better, make the fields go away, we're going to have to consider paying for a commercial shopping cart, because we will lose sales, big time, if we require the password. I strongly hope you can advise me how to make the password requirement go away, because I've put weeks of work into ZenCart; and we're a small non-profit which would rather not have to pay for this.

In fact, if you can't help me with the password issue, there isn't much point in your addressing the blank page issue, because we may not be using ZenCart at all. I'm going back to my business partner in this and ask him about this development, but I'm pretty sure what he'll say.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hedera View Post
    The first issue is that the page I see after clicking on the "Check Out" box is blank, except for two unlabeled data entry boxes and a link labeled, "Forgotten your password? Click here."
    The page should not look like that. The most likely cause is that one of the files in the mod has not been uploaded properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hedera View Post
    The second issue is that the billing information page still requires a password.
    Yes it does. If you need the ability to checkout without a password then this is not the mod for you. I would suggest uninstalling it (just remove the files you have uploaded) and looking at the Checkout Without Account mod...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Regards,
    Christian.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast