Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to import MYSQL data base

Quote Originally Posted by 1just4help View Post
    SET SQL_MODE = "NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO"
    MySQL said:

#1193 - Unknown system variable 'SQL_MODE'
    It seems according to the MySQL manual that SET SQL_MODE is a valid command since version 4.0

If your server is complaining about that, it suggests that you're running 3.23 instead, which would explain the original error messages you were reporting as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to import MYSQL data he base

Hi I am a little confused how that could happen when this is how it is set up to configure databases

You can create 3 databases in total. Please be aware that new databases can only be created using version 4.0 or 5.0.
    MySQL 4.0 MySQL 5.0

Plugin Contributions

not sure if this is going right but i have a new error.
    i have exported the file as a text file and changed the data base name to match my new database? and titled the doc #and then database name?

i am getting this error and was hoping you could advise what it means and what i would need to change. it keeps saying no database selected and i can not figure this out. please please help

SQL query:

--
    -- Database: `DB338625`
    --
    -- --------------------------------------------------------
    --
    -- Table structure for table `zen_address_book`
    --
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `zen_address_book` (

`address_book_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `customers_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    `entry_gender` char( 1 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_company` varchar( 32 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci default NULL ,
    `entry_firstname` varchar( 32 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_lastname` varchar( 32 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_street_address` varchar( 64 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_suburb` varchar( 32 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci default NULL ,
    `entry_postcode` varchar( 10 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_city` varchar( 32 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_state` varchar( 32 ) COLLATE latin1_general_ci default NULL ,
    `entry_country_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    `entry_zone_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    PRIMARY KEY ( `address_book_id` ) ,
    KEY `idx_address_book_customers_id_zen` ( `customers_id` )
    ) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 COLLATE = latin1_general_ci
    MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected
    "No database selected" means that MySQL hasn't been told which database to run the SQL statements against. This shouldn't happen using phpMyAdmin because phpMyAdmin requires you to select the database before doing an import.
    Perhaps you have a "USE DATABASE" statement in your .sql file that's overriding the normal operation, and needs to be removed.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to import MYSQL database

Woo HOO i have y database uploaded, i have my files uploaded.

however i have this message when trying to run the fix_cache_key.php or trying to view y shopping cart

1146 Table 'DB338625.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

and this when i try and vew my admin

1146 Table 'DB338625.project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

i think i am nearly there and really appreciate all your help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1146 Table 'DB338625.configuration' doesn't exist

1146 Table 'DB338625.project_version' doesn't exist
    These mean that your configure.php files have a setting for DB_DATABASE set to 'DB338625' and a DB_PREFIX set to '' (blank), but that the specified database name doesn't contain tables of the names expected.

Perhaps you have the wrong DB_DATABASE, or perhaps your DB_PREFIX doesn't match what was used on the old server you're importing data from. What was DB_PREFIX on the old server's configure.php files? Use the same DB_PREFIX on your new server.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for that, yes i imported the name slighty diferent, next obstical is when connecting i have a zen error image saying

Sorry!
    There seems to be a problem connecting to our database. Please give us a few minutes to remedy the problem. Thank you.

To verify the site status ... Click here

when i run fix_cache_key

i get a new error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web5/52/98/51651098/htdocs/fix_cache_key.php:43) in /mnt/web5/52/98/51651098/htdocs/includes/init_includes/init_database.php on line 29

i hope this makes sense??

again thanks for the help??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

when connecting i have a zen error image saying

Sorry!
    There seems to be a problem connecting to our database. Please give us a few minutes to remedy the problem. Thank you.

To verify the site status ... Click here
    This means you still have something incorrect with your database settings.
    You'll need to check and double-check the DB_xxxxx settings again.

when i run fix_cache_key

i get a new error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web5/52/98/51651098/htdocs/fix_cache_key.php:43) in /mnt/web5/52/98/51651098/htdocs/includes/init_includes/init_database.php on line 29
    The "headers already sent" warning is normal when running fix_cache_key. The messages AFTER that are more important. Did it say its update was successful?

Plugin Contributions

they were the only messages, from the warning messag it stopped on that screen

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're probably missing the rest of the update messages because of your database settings problem.
    You'll need to check your DB_xxxxxx settings for accuracy ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast