Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default customers_info_date_of_last_logon dissappears

Hello,

I would like to understand how the customers_info_date_of_last_logon information can possible change to NULL about 1 or 2 weeks when an account has not been used ?

Its really annoying as I try to target my promotions and news to users who created accounts and did not buy anything. Then I discover that they have ongoing orders and did infact logon and buy recently .

Is there some kind of maintenance that resets this to NULL ? And if so where so that I can disactivate it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customers_info_date_of_last_logon dissappears

Are you sure the customers_info_date_of_last_logon actually had something in it?

At the present time, when a customer creates an account, the "last logon date" is left blank. They have to actually "log in" to set a date into that field.

Maybe you might need to also check the customers_info_date_account_created when selecting the customers to target ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I am sure that they logged at one point because i have some orders from clients that show a blank last login.

One example.
    Last night I received a create account notification by mail. I watche the who's on line and saw the client fill her basket. She did not proceed to checkout yet and I think she left her session to time out without loggin off. Today when I look at her account there is no date in the last login. Is it possible that this is deleted by some
    $db execute Delete comande at time out if user does not logoff? For your info. the Customer_basket is still showing the goods I saw her put in so I am not yet totally halucinating due to lack of sleep and excessive coding. I will kep searching but if you find anyting more,let me know. Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is nothing more to find.

As I said, "date of last login" is ONLY set if the customer actually "Logs In".
    At the present time, "creating an account" does NOT set "date of last login". This may change in a future version, but that's how it works right now.

So, what you're seeing is exactly what I would expect based on what you said your customer did.

If they create an account, do some window-shopping, and then leave (whether they log out or just time-out), the "date of last login" will still be blank. They "have to" actually click "Log In", and enter their username+password in order to "Log In" and get the date-of-last-login to be set.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have a new case from 3 hours ago where the user went all the way through from new account to the sell.

4:26 PM C;ient creates a new account .
    I receive SEND_EXTRA_CREATE_ACCOUNT_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT

4 minutes later 4:30 PM he completes his order and I receive a copy of the order confirmation with the time stamp. SEND_EXTRA_NEW_ORDERS_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT Order

When I look at his order in the admin module, The last logon has dissappeared and I see this information for clients who precede him and follow him

I am looking at the database side to see what other information I can find on this transaction with money order payment .

customer id 60
    customers_info_date_of_last_logon NULL
    customers_info_number_of_logons 0
    customers_info_date_account_created 2007-11-15 16:26:03
    customers_info_date_account_last_modified null
    Last edited by FromTheRiviera; 15 Nov 2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: More information

Plugin Contributions

Here is the information on the table orders

orders_id 34
    customers_id 60
    payment_method cash or money order
    payment_module_code moneyorder
    last_modified null
    date_purchased 2007-11-15 16:30:41
    order status 9 (new order awaiting funds)

I have not touched his order yet.

orders_status_history table

orders_status_history_id 74
    date_added 2007-11-15 16:30:41
    customer_notified 1
    Last edited by FromTheRiviera; 15 Nov 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheRiviera View Post
    4:26 PM C;ient creates a new account .
    I receive SEND_EXTRA_CREATE_ACCOUNT_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT

4 minutes later 4:30 PM he completes his order and I receive a copy of the order confirmation with the time stamp. SEND_EXTRA_NEW_ORDERS_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT Order

When I look at his order in the admin module, The last logon has dissappeared
    No, it hasn't disappeared.
    Like I said twice already, the "last login" data never existed, because the customer never "logged in". They only "created an account".

Plugin Contributions

I did read your comments but I guess we did not have the same understanding of "the user must login" ?

If the user creates an account, at the completion on his account creation he IS logged in and is able to shop directly.

He does not log out and log back in to shop.
    So it would be nice if we add the user creation date and and time to the last logged in field rather than leave it blank until he logs in again.

Anyway, I will test this and at least I understand now that its acting as designed.
    I was worried some other query was deleting my information and I absolutely needed to know how and where.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheRiviera View Post
    I did read your comments but I guess we did not have the same understanding of "the user must login" ?

If the user creates an account, at the completion on his account creation he IS logged in and is able to shop directly.

He does not log out and log back in to shop.
    So it would be nice if we add the user creation date and and time to the last logged in field rather than leave it blank until he logs in again.
    I agree that it's not perfect. It's an inherited deficiency in logic, which will likely be addressed in v1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Presently ... "date of last login" is ONLY set if the customer actually "Logs In".
    At the present time, "creating an account" does NOT set "date of last login". This may change in a future version, but that's how it works right now.

Plugin Contributions

I followed the code to see where the customers_info_date_account_created is populated at creation time and found it in the includes\modules\create_account.php
    I have added the additional field and populated it with now() at creation time

$sql = "insert into " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . "
    (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons,
    customers_info_date_account_created,customers_info_date_of_last_logon)
    values ('" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "', '0', now(), now())";

I have not tested it yet.

Will add a post shorlty to confirm if this works or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast