Plugin Contributions

Default can't get installer to run

I am trying to start using ZenCart with my webpage and I'm having some trouble. I have been following the tutorial (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=107) but I can't get the installer to run. I entered http://www.nanodesignsjewelry.com/zencart into the browser, and it is supposed to start installing, but I just get a 404 Not Found page. What am I doing wrong??

I am using SmartFTP and Quick'n'Easy FTP Server.

I am very new to html and servers and all of this, so this is probably a ridiculously silly question.

Thanks!
    Cristina

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can't get installer to run

What folder did you upload the Zen Cart files to?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

woohoo! I got it to work - I'm not sure what I did wrong, or what I did to fix it... I just kept playing with the file location.

But thanks for your help DrByte

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Files to be used on your website typically need to be "under" the public_html folder. Anything above that area isn't accessible via a browser

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok, new problem....
    I installed zencart, but when I try to go to my store, I get a light blue page that contains the following:

Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.trinket/cristinavisco/nanodesignsjewelry.com/ZenCart/index.php on line 97

Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.trinket/cristinavisco/nanodesignsjewelry.com/ZenCart/index.php on line 97

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.trinket/cristinavisco/nanodesignsjewelry.com/ZenCart/index.php on line 97

Where did I mess up? How do I fix this?

Thanks!
    Cristina

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by criscovisco View Post
    Warning: main(includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Does the indicated file exist on the server?
    Sometimes FTP programs timeout and skip files ... Not all FTP programs will tell you that they failed to process certain files.

Plugin Contributions

hm, weird - when I uploaded zencart to my server only 3 files under "includes/templates/template_default/common" were uploaded. I fixed these 3 files and now the shop is coming up. Thanks! I'm sure I'll have at least 10 more questions today!

Best
    Cristina