Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing cart contents -- esp products with attributes

I cannot get this to work on my site and the debugging tool does not show any errors on this mod's effected forms (I have 2 errors that are related to the reward pointe suite mod that I can't figure out but still working on that)

it also took my buttons away on my cart and no matter what I do it won't add them back on

www.luvingmammadiapers.com

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi luvingmamma

I had a little look over your site. Sorry, I didn't buy anything.

First up, the missing buttons look like they have had their constant declarations altered/deleted or moved somehow. The Edit_Cart mod itself, wouldn't do anything like that. But when you installed it, or another mod, you might have inadvertently done something.

Go to your websites admin -> tools -> developers tool kit. Then search for UZC_BUTTON_CHECKOUT_ALT . This constant is not being resolved to the proper text, and neither is the constant that contains the URL of the button. So there is a problem somewhere around those declarations I would say.

It pays when you install a mod, to open up a few pages on your site, and see if everything looks OK. After you have installed a few mods, it can be unclear what caused things to go wrong.

Secondly you appear to have some sort of S.E.O mod installed that changes the URL zencart uses from something like this:
    Code:
    /index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17
    to something like this:
    Code:
    /diaper-diva-onesie-p-377.html?number_of_uploads=0
    That appears to be messing with the Edit Cart mod, because it send the user from their shopping cart back to a URL of the first type. That is why you get a page not found situation. It is certainly fixable, but I would need to know what S.E.O mod you were using, and would need time to fix it. I don't really have the time. But let me know and I will try and look at it.

Good luck. The less nappy rash there is in the world, the happier we will all be, so I for one hope we can get this problem solved.

J
    ============
    Kuroobiya - Personalized Karate Black Belts and Dogi
    Kanebo From Japan - Kanebo Cosmetics Direct From Japan

Plugin Contributions

I am going to try this stuff later this afternoon when I am able to get my kids busy lol :)

I have not installed any SEO mod however I had a web designer who just installed anything he wanted so I will try to look through the files and see what I can find as far as mod files and see if I can point it out. I am assuming there would be no mention of it in the admin section menu's???

I typically only install mods that increase customer service abilities or tracking but the guy who originally built my first cart (he was not as educated as he liked me to think so we had to have a 2nd built ) used to do stuff and just send it over.

I appreciate your help and will update you with my results shortly :)

Plugin Contributions

OK I found that error- it's line 125 of my tpl_shopping_cart_defined.php

Off to examine the code there :) thank you! I always forget about that tool i need to burn it in my brain :)

Plugin Contributions

OK. Let me know how you get on.

There might be something in the Admin section to let you know what mod the S.E.O one is. Have a look in admin->extras because I know the "Simple SEO URL " mod puts a menu item there. If you can turn it off on the menu try that and see what happens.

Justin
    ============

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the mod. However (of course!), I notice no change on my site...everything works as the standard ZC, no different button, no error, simply no difference.

I changed the Classic folder to Custom and copied the parts of your tpl_product_info_display.php into mine (replacing whatever was there before). It seemed as simple as that...did I miss something? I don't see anything else like this in the thread.

Cheers,

Robbie

Plugin Contributions

Hey Robbie

It is pretty much as simple as that, yes. Basically you should go back make sure you have followed the instructions when you installed it.
    If that seems ok then:

First make sure that it really is not working. You won't notice any changes if you are testing on a product with no attributes. Test on one which has attributes.
    Second, make sure you have made the changes in the correct template.
    Third, look at every file in the download and manually confirm that file is present on your site and in the right location.

If you give me the URL of your site, providing it is online, I can have a look at it. But I think if you give it a good once over you will find the problem.

Justin
    IMHO Personally I find 2 hours of bleary bug fixing in the small hours, less effective than 20 mins of calm, methodical problem solving the next day. That is my general advice to all zen carters reading this thread, not just you.
    ============

Plugin Contributions

Now it works!

I did it twice last night and now I tried again...maybe a cache issue (even though I refreshed)? Because I did try with attributes. Regardless, thanks!

R

Plugin Contributions

OK thats cool. Glad it worked.

J
    ============

Plugin Contributions

I may be a n00b and all but I am following your instructions and it states:

4. Edit your existing includes/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php file,

I cannot find this file anywhere in my template folders... I am using the classic template... any ideas ?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast