Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Site Wide Javascript

I want to add some javascript that works site wide, it is a mouse trailing script. Not sure which page to add to. I tried adding to the english.php page above the <?psp tag, but it trashed my file.

Not sure what page to add to, and where in the code it should go to avoid a conflict.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site Wide Javascript

If you take a look in the docs folder that comes with the release package, there's a file in there that explains how to name javascript files and where to place them to have Zen Cart automatically pick them up and include them.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I did try that. I created a folder in my template folder called jscript and tried the site wide jscript, it would not work.

then I tried making a folder called jscript/on_load
    and adding a file on_load_name.js, then i put my code inside that file, but again it would not load.

It is either my js code or I am not performing the task correctly.

Plugin Contributions

It certainly works. I use it regularly. Do you have a link to your site? And what are you naming your files?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

http://desoto.websitewelcome.com/~penney/ is the site link

the javascript is posted here:

http://www.practiceboard.com/?7791938

I named the file:
    /includes/templates/penney/jscript/on_load/on_load_cursor

I placed ALL of that script on the practiceboard into the file on_load_cursor, and I think that is where I am going wrong.

OR after i load that there, am I supposed to go someplace else and make an entry in a file to tell it to load the script in on_load_cursor, I thought from what I read it would be automatic if I had done the script correctly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

does your file have a .js extension on the filename?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traders View Post
    I placed ALL of that script on the practiceboard into the file on_load_cursor, and I think that is where I am going wrong.

OR after i load that there, am I supposed to go someplace else and make an entry in a file to tell it to load the script in on_load_cursor, I thought from what I read it would be automatic if I had done the script correctly.
    There is no need to go anywhere else, just, as Dr Byte is gently hinting, name the file correctly by adding .js to end and Zen Cart will load it automatically.

Plugin Contributions

I did that, now file has extension .js, however, instead of running the script that was in the practiceboard, i have

// ;">

in the upper right hand corner of my site. I plan to go and clear what is in the on_load_cursor.js and repaste and try that.

Plugin Contributions

sorry long day meant upper left corner, it is there now so anyone can see not a live site yet so no problem, i tried the reload and no work, the java runs in html but won't run here.

I tried a search for the // ;"> string in the script but could not find.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"onload" stuff is intended for content that should be inserted into the <body onload="blahblah"> tag. This is normally used to trigger a certain javascript function loaded elsewhere on the page ... but never to store a complete script.

"jscript" stuff is for javascript 'scripts' to be loaded on the page.

So, rename your "on_load" folder to "jscript", and your "on_load_cursor.js" file to "jscript_cursor.js".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast