Thread: Date Formatting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Date Formatting

Thank you for your friendly welcome!

That's the reason that I've held off asking any questions in these forums; if you're not a convert, you get jumped on. I've seen that sort of response many times in these (support) forums. That sort of response puts people off joining in.

As for "but it can be done by anyone with the most basic web site building and computer skills", I've been programming for 40 years, so I have some "basic skills", but I've been tearing my hair out for the last 2 months trying to get ZC working properly, definitely a "complicated programming exercise". Read the above regarding date formats. Why do I have to dip into editing php files? Why is there not a single configuration item, in the admin menus?

Steve.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Date Formatting

Well its seems I have insulted you by my responce

Are you surprised that you get a reply to try something else if you just post:-

???
    I have say most posters on this forum are very helpful and take time to help others, I would suggest if you want a positive reply state what your problems are and people are willing to help, the above is not really helpful to anyone and most would not even reply.

As for your comments Zen Cart is a very customable shopping cart package, it does works out of the box, but if you want to alter the way it works you will need to 'dip into editing php files' to achieve your goal. To be fair there is a lot in the admin and config. files that you can alter before having to altering the php files.

If you are struggling buy the eStart book it is very helpful.

If you want to post your issues I am sure that you will be helped out. or search to see if others have had similar issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12