Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Errors reported. Shopping cart no longer functioning

Major problems with Checkout. Please help!!!!!

Here's the rundown........

My site has been up and running a few months now with a few errors/problems reported here and there but it was generally functioning ok. I've received a few reports from customers of problems during checkout but they'd try again and usually get through. My site is also very sluggish.
    I'm thinking it has to do with being hosted on Godaddy (they run php as cgi, I was thinking this is where my issues lie?). I was also wondering if adjusting the timeout amount from the store admin might help.
    I planned to address this problem but haven't gotten around to figuring it out. Unfortunately now it seems my cart is 100%nonfunctioning!

This morning I've already received two separate error reports and it seems no one can checkout.
    Here are the two errors reported to us by customers
    Can anyone help me fix this? Thanks in advance

THE FIRST ERROR REPORTED .......
    2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    in:
    [select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_priced_by_attribute, product_is_always_free_shipping, products_discount_type, products_discount_type_from, products_virtual, products_model from products where products_id = '2']

2006 MySQL server has gone away
    in:
    [select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'abf04ca6441561cac9d740559329084c']

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

THE SECOND ERROR..............
    in:
    [select cd.categories_name from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = 0 and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='1' and c.categories_status=1]

2006 MySQL server has gone away
    in:
    [select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '79ffab27611c359a316d863bea22ec87']

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Errors reported. Shopping cart no longer functioning

That is the root of the problems.
    Sounds like the Server your account is on is overloaded.

Once a mySQL connection is lost, the information or Order is lost as well; one needs to start at the beginning again of the Order process.

If you or your Clients start to experience this problem on a regular basis, you can ask GoDaddy to put your account on a less busy Server or switch to another Hoster.

Plugin Contributions

Are you using USPS for shipping? If so there is an update posted on the forum.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80695
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both for the help.

I will do the upgrade as well as checking with my server since I had been having a little problem previous to this.

Plugin Contributions

I applied this updated usps to my cart as I was having this same problem that began last night, but I still get the same message. I deleted the old usps.php out of the shipping folder and uploaded the new one, but I'm still broken. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

You probably make the same mistake I did, not uninstalling/reinstalling the USPS Shipping module.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=80621&page=4

Plugin Contributions

It's an issue with GoDaddy. The topic was previously discussed here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67772.

I spent an hour on the phone with GoDaddy support this morning. They've acknowledged that it's their issue and have "escalated it to the admin team." That's the same thing that happened last time and it did get fixed (although they never contacted me afterwards.)

As for me: this is approximately 3 days of downtime (well, it may was well be down, I can't use PayPal Express either) in less that 30 days. I'm going to spend my Thanksgiving weekend changing hosting providers.

YMMV, but it doesn't look like GoDaddy is held in very high esteem here on the forum. Now I understand why.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem here, (on GoDaddy) when I attempt to use the shipping estimator. HOWEVER, when I click on "Checkout", I get no response at all, either. Oh, just prior to this, I turned on the "flat rate" module. Last week when I checked the site operations, everything was working quite well.

Also, when I click on "Back to Shopping," "My Account" comes up instead of returning to the catalog....

Is this checkout issue with Go Daddy,too, or shall I reinstall some files? If so, what files should I do?

Many thanks,
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Linda! Going to install the USPS patch now. . .
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Okay, installed the patch but -- still hanging up so not sure if it is working. However, selecting "Back to Shopping" now returns to the catalog.

Tomorrow morning, I get a new host. Business has been slow and I'm not losing potential business during the coming shopping extravaganza weekend because GoDaddy can't handle the load.

Glad I checked in with the site prior to sending out my newsletter tonight else I'd have been caught with hot customers and a dead site..... Thank you everyone who posted this problem on the Forum. It was very, very helpful to find the information tonight.

Zen Cart certified hosting, here I come . . . . . .

Learning how to migrate to a new host company, priceless --
    Cheryl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast