Hi have the shopping cart with free shipping qualifier sidebox and it is set to "national" and I am in the US. When I had a user from the UK adding items to their cart they were getting the free shipping message in the cart sidebox. I realise that this is because it's an order total module so it won't show that there is no free shipping until the customer checks out. But this is pretty misleading, and I thought that since there is an admin option to set it to national/international/both it would only show to those qualified users.

I have looked through the code, and although I am far from a qualified programmer yet, I don't see any code that qualifies the customer as eligible or not based on location. Could this be done in a way similar to the user currency mod that checks the customer's IP against the IPNation database and then store it as a cookie to save the setting?

If anyone has any suggestions about how to do this either the way I mentioned or a different way please chime in, I'd really like to get this sorted out and will package it for the uploads section once it's working.

Thanks!

Matt