Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Go Daddy and Zen Cart?

Has anyone had any luck using Zen Cart with Go Daddy's shared Linux web hosting? ...how about throwing Authorize.net in the mix? I'm having trouble. Go Daddy and Zen Cart seem to work fine, but when I try to throw Authorize.net into the mix, I can't check out. I get a "2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query" error, which I've been told might be because Go Daddy's shared hosting servers are stretched too thin. I can check out just fine if I use check as payment method, but authorize.net doesn't work, and I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Any advice?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Go Daddy and Zen Cart?

Best advice? Don't fight it, you'll lose. Find a good Zen Certified host. See the hosting link at the top of the page.

For lots more information, do a search of the forum for godaddy.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by John Vieth View Post
    Has anyone had any luck using Zen Cart with Go Daddy's shared Linux web hosting? ...how about throwing Authorize.net in the mix? I'm having trouble. Go Daddy and Zen Cart seem to work fine, but when I try to throw Authorize.net into the mix, I can't check out. I get a "2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query" error, which I've been told might be because Go Daddy's shared hosting servers are stretched too thin. I can check out just fine if I use check as payment method, but authorize.net doesn't work, and I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Any advice?
    We use GoDaddy and have a little trouble from time to time, but generally they seem to be OK. Yes there Economy hosting servers ARE overworked, the Deluxe servers are much better.

The big issue yesterday and today is that they are having problems with there cURL servers. My FedEx shipping mod worked great all weekend, took dozens of orders. Monday morning we started noticing a larger than normal list of abandodned carts. Found out that the FedEx module was hanging up. Luckily the UPS mod still works so we are back up, but without FedEx.

Called GoDaddy support and they wanted me to leave the FedEx mod turned on so when they got around to it, they would check it out. NOT! Supposedly they are going to call me when they are ready to TS the issue so I can turn on the FedEx mod. Took almost an hour on the phone long distance to get someone to admit that they are having an issue with their cURL proxy servers.

So Long story even longer - Be Patient or NOT, call them, call them, call them, call them, and bug 'em, when they get cURL working your Authorize.net should start working again.

JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

Or like Kim says, get a new host and be up and running in a day or two.
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

AHA!!!!

I'm pretty sure this is my problem too.

I'm on a premium hosting account with GoDaddy (also Authorize.net) and have sporadic problems but nothing more than I was willing to deal with until lately.

I just did the USPS update but that wasn't the issue....people still can't check out.
    Then I sat on the phone with a GoDaddy tech trying to figure it out only to be told after being on hold forever that it must be because I configured the database incorrectly. He didn't have an answer as to why it had been working up until recently.
    He also didn't tell me THEY were having issues!!!!!!

I had been contemplating switching servers and now I think this may have sealed the deal for me.

Plugin Contributions

It took 2 calls to godaddy with a direct question on the second call for the support tech to check into the aforementioned proxy server problem. Neither tech was aware of any problems with the servers initially.

Soooo, the second fellow did go and ask around and did CONFIRM they are having problems with some of the proxy servers though I was told, the problem is expected to be fixed within 24 hours. Who knows -- could be sooner, could be longer.

After checking into moving my ZC to another hosting company this morning, frankly, it will be just as much time, more cost and a 24-hour wait to get the DNS to point to the new site address anyway. Oh, I'd have to get another SSL Certificate as well for the new host. So, I'm gonna stick it out for now. This is the very first problem I have ever had with godaddy (site went up in mid January this year) and I check my site at least once every other day.

I put a note up on my main page informing customers of the temporary problem. At this point, it is the best compromise I can think of.

thanks to the forum,
    Last edited by rush_woman; 20 Nov 2007 at 09:30 PM.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Please let me know (post or e-mail) when Go Daddy fixes your problem. Then I can see if my problem is resolved, too. ...or do you think I need to call in? I assume that if there's a cUrl/proxy problem, it affects everyone, right? ...so when you're back up, *I* should be back up, too, right?

Another question... In the cUrl setup in Zen Cart, should I include http:// or https:// at the beginning, or just the host name and port? Here's what I have for the configuration setting currently...

proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

...so there's no http or https at the beginning. Is that right? Please advise.

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stormshade View Post
    AHA!!!!

I just did the USPS update but that wasn't the issue....people still can't check out.
    Then I sat on the phone with a GoDaddy tech trying to figure it out only to be told after being on hold forever that it must be because I configured the database incorrectly. He didn't have an answer as to why it had been working up until recently.
    He also didn't tell me THEY were having issues!!!!!!

I had been contemplating switching servers and now I think this may have sealed the deal for me.

As mentioned in another post GoDaddy has finally acknowledged that they are having issues with the proxy server. They emailed me 2 hours ago admitting to that. My issue is that it's 27 hours after I spent an hour on the phone with them leading their tech to the problem. GoDaddy support is so intent on trying to shift the blame, they won't even stop to consider that there may be an issue with their infrastructure.

Not two hours after our phone call, I got a email saying that my issue had been resolved so long as I set the cURL timeout to 120 seconds and that they had closed my ticket. Needless to say, I told them that solution was unacceptable and that they needed to reopen my ticket. I then got a note that it had been escalated to the admin team.

What's exasperating is that I have another trouble ticket in my history with GoDaddy FOR THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM that they would not even acknowledge, much less reference during my initial phone call. I think the issue could have been resolved by now if they weren't so intent on trying to prove that the issue was my (and your) fault.

For any of you sticking with GoDaddy:
    • First of all, good luck. I've been through this twice now and I'm moving to another provider before it costs me any more money in lost sales.
    • Second, when this happens again (and it will; this is the second time in less than a month), sidestep the whole MySQL issue by getting them to upload their curl_test.php script and run it. You should run it too and make sure that the results come back in less than 5 seconds. That will probably save you 30 minutes on the phone with "Advanced Hosting Support."
    Oh, and don't even get me started on the fact that my server hit a load average of 98.00 today (that's on a 4 way box, BTW).

Ok, I'm done ranting...

Plugin Contributions

My site is BACK UP and running faster than ever before!! Wooo-hooo!!!!

Good luck everyone -- hope everyone's sites are back up, too!

Happy sales this weekend to all of you,
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by John Vieth View Post

Another question... In the cUrl setup in Zen Cart, should I include http:// or https:// at the beginning, or just the host name and port? Here's what I have for the configuration setting currently...

proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

...so there's no http or https at the beginning. Is that right? Please advise.

Thanks,
    John

John ~

Mmmm, I didn't fill in anything on the cURL setup in Zen Cart -- I left it blank. Since everything is working and has been for 10 months, I'm rather inclined to leave it blank on mine.

If you fill it in and you find the site is having problems, you could try it without anything in the spot and see if it works. I have no idea what the benefits are either way; someone who is more technical savvy than I will need to fill this information in for both of us.

Good luck and I hope your site is working,
    Cheryl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast