Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paymentech (aka VersaPay, aka Orbital)

Quote Originally Posted by sab522 View Post
    I would like to be sure I missed nothing : in the latest one, there are no files for the "classes" folder ?

I contacted Paymentech and they confirm everything is correct. (We already have another shopping cart system working with Paymentech account that's gone live since 3 months)
    The card number is a valid one.
    Added all our server IP addresses in their records.
    But into Zen Cart, when I checkout, i got same error message : "An unexpected credit card gateway error occured. Your order was not processed. "
    I have installed the Paymentech module and I am having the exact same problem. I get a "gateway error" just like you.

The other info for the error is: ProcStatus = 9717 - Security Information - agent/chain/merchant is missing.

I don't see anywhere in this module to enter your client number, maybe that is the problem?

Plugin Contributions

no, that just means you don't have your account set up properly on their end. It means their server doesn't recognize your server.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying. I called Paymentech and they say the error indicates an IP address problem.

I have a shared hosting package with 1&1 hosting, with a fixed IP address (which I verified) and dedicated SSL with the same IP address (at least that's what they tel me). Paymentech says they have this IP on their production server but it's not working :)

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem... and Paymentech was NO help in figuring it out! For me it turned out to be a port that had to be opened at the server to allow proper communication between the two. So grill the paymentech folks and make sure you get the info you need and then call your host and make sure they play nice. If they don't, get a different host. Best of luck, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the module.

Plugin Contributions

You are correct. Your module was fine.

The error was the IP address and Paymentech weren't exactly helpful in sorting it out. My website FTP address, the one listed in the domain record, is what I gave them day 1 and was correct. For whatever reason, the xml requests sent to Paymentech were coming from a slightly different IP address. I had to ask them what that was and instruct them to add that IP. Since then, things are behaving as expected.

Maybe to help people in the future to avoid the same problem, it would be a good idea to add a bit of info to your readme file about this issue? A bit about the 9717 error code, and that it means that Paymentech is seeing a different IP from you means you should call them and see what IP is actually sending the info and have them manually add it to their records.

Thank you for offering your help & code.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "different" IP address is likely the "primary" IP address of the server on which your website is hosted ... since CURL requests will be initiated from that address, regardless of the dedicated-IP address of your own domain. So, unless you have a dedicated server, the confusion you mentioned is unsurprising.

A similar, but less common, situation would occur if you were using a proxy server for your CURL traffic. Fortunately, most contemporary hosting companies don't need to use proxies.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

How would you typically determine this IP address of CURL requests? That would be good to know for future reference :)

Also, AmEx and Discvoer transactions are being rejected with the message "The credit card number starting with 3714 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card." Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Stupid me, I needed to turn on AmEx and Discover under Admin > Config > Credit Cards!

Plugin Contributions

So here are my tips for making this work.

1) Paymentech does work with ZenCart - it's not certified by them but it works.
    2) Download, install, and configure the Paymentech module at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=796
    3) Make sure "Credit Card - Offline Processing" is "removed" under Admin > Modules > Payment in ZenCart so that when you run your credit card transactions, the only option is for Paymentech.
    4) Obtain IP Address by running test transactions and calling Paymentech support for results. Ask them what IP address the requests came from and have them add this IP to your account. In my case, the IP Address was different than our actual server IP.
    5) Make sure that all the credit cards you want to accept are turned on in ZenCart under Admin > Configuration > Credit Cards
    6) Profit.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know which line needs to be UNCOMMENTED to return the information that Paymentech needs to certify? This question was asked earlier in this thread, with no response. There does not seem to be any indication in the readme file either.

Thanks & Regards.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast