Plugin Contributions

red flag How to remove the price items under the products ?

How to remove the price items under the products ?
    I just want to show my products without price all over my site ?

What shall I do ?
    Any tips or advice are welcome!
    Thanks !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to remove the price items under the products ?

I post my products without filling the price item.
    Then it is indeed no price item under the products.
    But when some registered member try to buy some good , the total fee in the shopping cart is zero.
    This make me very embarrassed.

Hope someone to help me out of such poor situation.

Plugin Contributions

Do you want this display without prices everywhere?

What about the shopping_cart?

What about the checkout?

Why would I buy your products blindly without knowning the prices?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default How to remove the price items under the products ?

One of the reasons for posting an item with no price is that some suppliers have MAP pricing. in other words you have to asvertise the item at what the set that price to be... a way around that and to sell at a lower price is not to show the price untill the item is added to cart... by doing this you are not in any violation of MAP agreements... I am also looking for a way to do this but have not discovered the way to... I know it can be done but have not figured it ou..

any help on this will be great!!!

thanks

JJM

Plugin Contributions

See if you can customize the function zen_get_products_display_price in the functions_prices.php as this displays all of the prices ...

For the attributes, you would need to customize the attributes.php module and could change the code from:
    PHP Code:
                      if (((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') or (STORE_STATUS == '1')) or ((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '1' or CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2') and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '2') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0) ) { 
    to read:
    PHP Code:
                      if (true || ((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') or (STORE_STATUS == '1')) or ((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '1' or CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2') and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '2') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0) ) { 
    which would effectively not show the attributes prices ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    See if you can customize the function zen_get_products_display_price in the functions_prices.php as this displays all of the prices ...

For the attributes, you would need to customize the attributes.php module and could change the code from:
    PHP Code:
                      if (((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') or (STORE_STATUS == '1')) or ((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '1' or CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2') and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '2') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0) ) { 
    to read:
    PHP Code:
                      if (true || ((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') or (STORE_STATUS == '1')) or ((CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '1' or CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2') and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] == '2') or (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == '2' and $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0) ) { 

what would I change the functions_prices.php too ???
    Last edited by Flux1231; 25 Nov 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Might try returning with:
    return '';

right at the beginning ...

Then no price will show ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

PHP Code:
    to read:
    PHP Code:

I did try to change in the setting.. if I select 1 or 2 I do not show prices but my shopping cart goes away as well...

what is Ideal would be to show a price but when you click add to cart I can make it a lower price and not violate my MAP pricing... there is a site that is doing it with zen cart.. I emailed them hoping they share how too.... if you go to http://www.topdoggps.com/ and click on automotive GPS you will see what I am trying to go.. notice that he says for a lower proce add to cart...

thanks.. any help on this would be greatly appreciated......

Flux

Plugin Contributions

hi i want to add an option so that only selected products can show the price. is this possible.

For example:

member product : only show price when logged in but show the item

non-member product normal product. but once logged in, it has member price on it.

The idea is to have special prices for all members.

Hope some1 can help me. I'd really appritiate some help

Many Many Thanks in Advance