Plugin Contributions

Default First customer! where is pymt? Address not matching..?

Argh! Site wasn't quite complete but you just can't hold them back lol

My first order has come through but where in Paypal should I find his money?? Zencart says he paid but Mastercard but there isn't any history .... also I remember reading on here that someone had got caught with a different shipping address... my customer hasn't put a telephone number and has a different shipping address.

I would like to send it out quickly but I don't wanna have my pants pulled down lol
    \
    \Cheers everyone for your time!! :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First customer! where is pymt? Address not matching..?

Also I checked and neither the shipping or billing address matches the card....

awwww please anyone what should I do? Shall I e-mail him suggesting it needs to be delivered to the shipping address?

Plugin Contributions

Is this reasonable? So disappointing having a possible fraud on my first order

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for your order. I have been advised by Paypal that the address of the card holder should match the card. In your case, it does not. For both our protection I would need to be sure of the card holder and would appreciate it if you could take the time to provide a telephone number and the address of the card holder and the reason why it needs to be delivered to a different address.

I am sorry for this inconvenience however this is a necessary precaution.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Rob Harper 01273 123456

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rob,

You do need to be careful, I have built quite a few carts in the UK and all but one of them ONLY deliver to the card owners address.

If neither shipping or billing address doesn't match I would not send them anything. Email them informing them that the information supplied is not correct and it is your obligation to protect the card owner.

Also ask them to phone you, from my experience if it is fraudulent its the last you will ever hear from them.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rufus, I've asked them for their phone number and the reason so perhaps this will be enough to scare them off or encourage them if they are who they say they are. How do I remove the shipping address? I think perhaps I should at the very least to begin with

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rob,

Making the billing address & shipping address the same is something I am asked to do all the time, you should remember though that you REALLY have to consider what your selling.

Removing this option will:

a) Not allow people to get it shipped to their place of work, which people do like to do if it means they would otherwise have to have a day off to wait for the delivery.

b) Not allow people to send it as a gift.

Most of the sites I have built are for high value items, or items that wouldn't be sent anywhere else such as furniture. Therefore the owners are willing to potentially lose a few sales rather then get hit by the loss of a couple of hundred or in some cases a few thousand pounds.

If you would like I could give you call if you would like to discuss this?

To disallow shipping to an alternate address:

Configuration > Maximum Values > Address Book Entries (set to 1)

In catalog/includes/languages/english/yourtemplate/checkout_payment.php change the following (as it won't make sense):

PHP Code:
    define('TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION''Your billing address is shown to the left. The billing address should match the address on your credit card statement. You can change the billing address by clicking the <em>Change Address</em> button.'); 

Plugin Contributions

hmm... well my products are fairly small value I'm running (trying to) a pet shop site and we currently do deliveries and you are correct people don't always get it sent to their home address.... hmm so what would you suggest? Paypal would tell me if the shipping address matched and I suppose that would be enough for most cases? What do you to to protect yourself. Please have a look at my site (can I post it here? petsontheinternet.co.uk)

Plugin Contributions

To be honest I would of thought the risk would be lower for pet supplies. As most items that are purchased fraudulantly are done so to be quickly resold.

I personally do not have a store but do support quite a few shops that do. Fraud is a headache unfortunately they all have to deal with. Normally with lower price items, as long as the details match up then everything should be good to go, if the shipping address is different, call the card owner to verify.

On another note, why does your right column sit off the side of the site like that? I have had a look and there are quite a few corrections that need to be made.

I would hazard a guess that this is a template monster template...

Plugin Contributions

Please if you could point anything out that would be great! It is difficult to see your mistakes when you sit there working on it lol

Cheers