Plugin Contributions

Default I can't view my zencart - error message

This is what I get when I try to access my zencart admin

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bertshea/public_html/catalog/zen-cart-v1.3.7.1-full-patched-07052007/index.php on line 26

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bertshea/public_html/catalog/zen-cart-v1.3.7.1-full-patched-07052007/index.php on line 26

I am guessing it has to do with my ssl path not being correct in my configure.php files, but not sure. If they are incorrect, I have at a loss as to what is incorrect about them. They seem fine. I am with hostmonster and so far not getting much help from them.

Please someone hlp me before I go insane

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can't view my zencart - error message

Well first thing is first, why do you have the zen-cart-v1.3.7.1-full-patched-07052007 folder uploaded?

You are supposed to upload the contents of this folder into your current folder that holds your zencart installation then run this folder yourdomain.com/zc_install and patch the db if any patches are released, if no db patches are released then all you need is the folder contents not the zc_install folder.

To break this down for you according to Dr Byte here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69769 there were no database changes so you will not need the zc_install folder, simply upload the files in the zen-cart-v1.3.7.1-full-patched-07052007 to your installation folder and that should do it.

However may want to read the change log and make sure none of the files require upgrading like your template if you have it in the override folder or any other file for that matter.

Also if any mods were installed this file set will over write those files so make sure you have a list of what mod you installed and compare those files.

After that you should be set to go and those errors should disappear be sure to read the thread above and read the change log, these are the best places to start before attempting a patch or upgrade.

Back UP Everything always before attempting patches and upgrades, word from experience is a long time in success.
    Good Luck!!
    Last edited by knuckle-101; 25 Nov 2007 at 06:06 AM.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered