Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal WPP Order Funds not transferring from customers

We just came across an issue where customers process their orders using their paypal accounts (paypalwpp) and the orders are correctly submitted to us through the admin tool, but the funds are not transferred from the customer's paypal account to our store's paypal account. However, The Paypal IPN is working fine for processing credit card orders.

A paypal tech told me that this is due to the fact that Zen Cart is processing the first two API's (Set and Get express checkout payment), but not processing the 3rd (Do Express Checkout Payment). He said it should be a simple fix, and I'm sure he's right, but I can't find what I need to do to activate the final API.

About the site - Clean ZC1.3.7 download-no updates, Paypal Express Checkout,IPN modules added. Currently still on the development address: www.review3.shopabgifts.com.

Is anyone familiar with how to edit/activate the "DO" API?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal WPP Order Funds not transferring from customers

Quote Originally Posted by TracNez411 View Post
    Is anyone familiar with how to edit/activate the "DO" API?
    That's already done. Built-in to the module. There's no way to turn it off or on. It does it automatically if the customer clicks "confirm" on the checkout_confirmation page.

Quote Originally Posted by TracNez411 View Post
    About the site - Clean ZC1.3.7 download-no updates, Paypal Express Checkout,IPN modules added.
    v1.3.7 without the PayPal patch? I'd suggest you start with the patch then.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's already done. Built-in to the module. There's no way to turn it off or on. It does it automatically if the customer clicks "confirm" on the checkout_confirmation page.

Thanks Doc. I'm not at all surprised at that. Hopefully this patch is the answer. I'll post the results after I finish. My next concern is then going to be looking at the previous orders which are still waiting for Paypal funds to see if this patch lets them complete, or if it will only affect new transactions....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

it will likely only affect new transactions.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Are you using both the IPN and the Express module?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Are you using both the IPN and the Express module?
    Yes - Both the Paypal IPN and Paypal Express Checkout Mods are downloaded on the site. They're the only active payment options we offer. It was our understanding early on in this process that IPN handled the credit cards and Express was for the paypal accounts. Is that incorrect?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "IPN" module is equivalent to PayPal's "Website Payments Standard" service.
    The "Express Checkout" module is equivalent to PayPal's "Express Checkout" service.

Both handle credit cards and PayPal funds.

You do not need both enabled at the same time.

Plugin Contributions

The "IPN" module is equivalent to PayPal's "Website Payments Standard" service.
    The "Express Checkout" module is equivalent to PayPal's "Express Checkout" service.

Both handle credit cards and PayPal funds.

You do not need both enabled at the same time.

Thank you both for pointing for the information...

Plugin Contributions

Just a final recap on this work - Thanks to Dr Byte and Kim's input, the patch that was recommended was downloaded in just enough time to capture sales today that we would've lost yesterday! THANKS!