bug Using an <iframe> tag to insert the dropdown header menu into other pages...

Hi ZenCart folks,

I am attempting to insert the dropdown header menu from my page (http://www.fabstash.com) into other pages, specifically a new forum page I am starting (http://www.fabstash.com/forum).

I have left the dropdown menu in the forum page even though it is not working correctly so that perhaps someone could analyze the situation and give advice. It will be helpful for you to know how I got it there. I got it in there using a new EZpage, then doing two simple rules for the style sheet so that only the menu will be visible in the <iframe> I am about to use:

body{visibility:hidden}
    #drop{position:absolute;top:0;left:0;visibility: visible;} <-- this is the drop menu id.

Next I simply inserted the <iframe> tag into the header for my forum.

The problems are twofold. Firstly, the menu disappears uinderneath some of the stuff below it, even after fooling around with z-index properties. The second problem is that when you click a link, the page loads inside the iframe instead of loading the page for the whole browser window.

I feel as though there is no solution for this one, that I am wasting time on a dead end road. I would be delighted beyond belief if someone figured one out with their big brains

Default Re: Using an <iframe> tag to insert the dropdown header menu into other pages...

Hi Folks,

I have decided to take the <iframe> with the dropdown menu out for now as I want to develop the forum further and have people start using it correctly.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

I will try to put a copy cat version of the menu in without the dynamic abilities that this menu usually has.

Default Re: Using an <iframe> tag to insert the dropdown header menu into other pages...

I was able to put a static version of the menu in PHPBB forum. I can port a static version of this menu where ever I want, so this makes me happy.