Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Stop People from certian states from viewing e-store

ok so were a wholesale company, but we have distributors for our product throught wisconsin. we want to sell to the end user for the same price just not in our state because it would make our distrubitors mad, i dont want the customers from wisconsin to even be able to see pricing

anyone know how i can do this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stop People from certian states from viewing e-store

How will you know whether or not a visitor is in Wisconsin? And even if you had a way of working that out, how would you then treat your distributers there differently.

One approach would be to have customers log in to see prices, then you know where they are. Another would be to use the dual pricing module to give discounts to recognised wholesalers, though that wouldn't help if you wanted to offer your wholesale price to everybody outside Wisconsin.
    Last edited by kuroi; 29 Nov 2007 at 02:37 AM.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

thats the thing the ip could probly do it, but is there a way mabie to make them select the state there in?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pistol View Post
    thats the thing the ip could probly do it, but is there a way mabie to make them select the state there in?
    IP address tells you where their ISP is located. It would work only if people don't cross state lines when they buy internet services.

They are asked state by default when they sign up. But forcing people to sign up before they can even look at your site would be a major turn off.

A little less onerus would be a custom welcome screen that asks them, but you would have no guarantee that they were telling you the truth, and I'm guessing that it would still drive most people away.

Are you trying to offer wholesale prices to all customers outside Wisconsin? or could you split this retail and wholesale? in which case you just explain to your distributers thatb they get their special prices / discounts by logging in and everybody else sees only your retail prices.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

well other sites are selling at wholesale cost to end user so we need to compete with them so if anyone know a way i can make them enter there state to see things would be good or have price def. state to state

Plugin Contributions

Pistol,

My distributer sells on a different store site than their wholesale site. They don't bother hiding it, and in fact send us the newsletter from their brick and mortar store.. There's nothing wrong with that.

If it still bothers you, simply create a different site to sell your products above wholesale. You can even get a po box at a postal store that has a street address and they would never know that the site is associated with you.

Now email me with your wholesale site. I'm looking for more things to sell.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by birdoasis View Post
    Pistol,

My distributer sells on a different store site than their wholesale site. They don't bother hiding it, and in fact send us the newsletter from their brick and mortar store.. There's nothing wrong with that.

If it still bothers you, simply create a different site to sell your products above wholesale. You can even get a po box at a postal store that has a street address and they would never know that the site is associated with you.

Now email me with your wholesale site. I'm looking for more things to sell.
    thing is if your customers see we are selling direct the wont buy from us anymore they will simply buy from someone else

Plugin Contributions

Oh yea,

Allot of internet providers sell in multiple states. The ip number probably wouldn't help you.

Plugin Contributions

I think you should choose just one: either wholesale or retail. I wouldnt want to buy products from a wholeseller that, may be my competitor. How can I compete over the price with you then?

All legitimated wholesellers REQUIRE customers to log in to see price, and you need TAX ID (Retail ID) in order to register as well.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

We are in Wisconsin but our ISP is in Larado TX

Personally I would stop buying from you all together if I was your customer and found out that you were selling on the internet for my cost.
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast