Plugin Contributions

Default Am partly done building a new store. Do I upgrade to 1.3.8 now?

Since there is no topic "Upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8" or "Upgrade to 1.3.8" in the upgrading forums yet , I decided to post this here...

I have a Zen Cart that is still in development for my daughter. She now has a non ZC site which sells 2 (or 3, depending upon how you look at it) main categories of products. The ZC in development was originally supposed to replace the old multi-product-line site. We are currently stalled out on re-organizing her product list for that site. She is a new mommy and I can't do this part without lots of her help and she has a physical storefront and it's Christmas season (etc).

So, she had a brilliant idea... Make another site which sells only one of the product categories, and start with the most profitable one.

Since I haven't loaded the products into the database yet, this could be slightly easier...

The thing is, 1.3.8 is now out and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just bite the bullet and move to it. This is complicated by the following mods (I think this is all of them):

a) Image Handler 2
    b) Easy Populate
    c) Quickbooks Import
    d) USPS Autofill
    e) UPC & ISDN Fields
    f) Fedex Shipping Module 1.3.6
    g) Super Orders 2.0
    h) Improved Attributes Controller
    i) Backup MySQL Admin Plugin

I've found out that I really can't use QBI (she uses QuickBooks Point of Sale) or "Backup MySQL Admin Plugin" (her host provider does not allow PHP scripts to do what's necessary for this one - security reasons). I _really_ like Image handler 2, so that has to stay, I would like to think Super Orders will be valuable.

Here are the real questions:
    1. Anybody tested any of these mods in 1.3.8??
    2. Any of the mods no longer necessary because of new functionality in 1.3.8 (USPS Autofill? Improved Attributes controller?)
    3. Should I move to 1.3.8 to start out?
    4. Upgrade or new install?

Note: I installed the Improved Attributes controller hoping that it would help with "attributes which are really products" - for kits with choices of included products....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Am partly done building a new store. Do I upgrade to 1.3.8 now?

I can't directly answer your questions because I haven't played with 1.3.8 yet. I will say that I feel you're always best off with the latest version of Zen Cart.

I hope to start playing with 1.3.8 on Monday and will be using IH2 (currently in use on both the sites in my sig), so I'll be able to see what happens with it. My hunch is that it'll work just fine.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey