Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "There was a security error when trying to login" - v1.3.8

FAQ on the "security error when trying to login" issue:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=312

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adds View Post
    But what do I need to edit in the above files to get this to work?
    Just merge all the new changes from the new version of those files into your customized versions of those files.

If you've been doing an upgrade, you're already using some sort of merge/compare tool, right?
    Just continue with the rest of your upgrade ... an upgrade doesn't include just updating your "core" files ... you ALSO ALWAYS need to merge all the new changes from the default (template, language, modules, etc) files into your customized versions of those same files. Otherwise you'll be missing features ... such as the one discussed in this thread.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adds View Post
    Just see this:

"There was a security error when trying to login"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation:
    I have just upgraded and now getting this error when trying to login from the customer screen "There was a security error when trying to login"

Cause:
    Zen Cart™ v1.3.8 has an added security feature to prevent spoofed external logins. A "security token" field has been added to all login forms. This token must be current (not expired), and must be submitted with login username+password in order for logins to work properly.

Remedy:
    If you have customized template "login" files, the new security features need to be merged into your customized template files.

The following files are affected:
    - /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php
    - /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php

And if you're encountering it in your Admin area, this file is affected as well:
    - /admin/login.php

But what do I need to edit in the above files to get this to work?
    Issue resolved.

Thanks for the support.

Plugin Contributions

My problem turned out to be simple - new computer, new install of ftp client with a setting that I finally discovered did not overwrite many of the files on the server.

Nedward - did you upgrade the database after importing your original sql?

If not, just run the install again to upgrade.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    My problem turned out to be simple - new computer, new install of ftp client with a setting that I finally discovered did not overwrite many of the files on the server.
    Could you tell us more about that FTP Client setting. I've had a whole spate of Stock by Attribute users reporting problems that come down to the same issue of files not being over-written by uploads during installation - but I've never actually had this problem myself.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I use ws_ftp (ipswitch) pro. Under options / transfers there's a check box for
    Don't transfer older/same files when transferring folders. Turns out it was default checked! It's been so long since I installed it that I forgot about that option. Since files transferred to the server show the transfer date that royally made a mess.

However, I just found out that my cart is showing the index page title wrong! Soon as I figure that out I'll let y'all know.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

However, I just found out that my cart is showing the index page title wrong! Soon as I figure that out I'll let y'all know.
    Perhaps this issue? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81766

Plugin Contributions

I just found out that my cart is showing the index page title wrong! Soon as I figure that out I'll let y'all know.
    That's because there's new code to be merged into the meta_tags.php language file ... which is a discussion for another thread.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ah, missed that earlier. Of course! Meta tags changes. Got to imprint that one on my brain.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ah, missed that earlier. Of course! Meta tags changes. Got to imprint that one on my brain.
    More importantly ... imprint the fact that all upgrades require merging *all* files ... not just core files.
    Any override files need to be assessed ... ie: merge new features/entries into your customized files.

Nevertheless, I digress from the topic at hand.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast