Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: "There was a security error when trying to login" - v1.3.8

I am getting this error when I try the login via the login sidebox module addon. Whoever is going to update this module for 1.3.8 may want to add the security token to the code and that of course should fix this problem.

to fix, change this line:
    Code:
    $content .=LOGIN_BOX_PASSWORD . '<br />' . zen_draw_password_field('password', '', 'size="13"') . '<br />';
    to:

Code:
    $content .=LOGIN_BOX_PASSWORD . '<br />' . zen_draw_password_field('password', '', 'size="13"') . zen_draw_hidden_field('securityToken', $_SESSION['securityToken']) . '<br />';
    that just adds the security token in there.
    Last edited by rainthebat; 12 Dec 2007 at 03:01 AM. Reason: had to add code

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem after I installed the Google checkout Mod to 1.3.8.

Go to:
    /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php

and find:

<label class="inputLabel" for="login-password"><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_password_field('password', '', 'size="18" id="login-password"'); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php echo zen_draw_hidden_field('securityToken', $_SESSION['securityToken']); ?>
    </fieldset>

The bold lines above are removed when you add the Google checkout mod.
    Check your file and if it is missing simply copy the bold lines above back into your file and you should be able to log back into the customer area!

Plugin Contributions

The same will go for the following file:

/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php

It will be missing this line:

<?php echo zen_draw_hidden_field('securityToken', $_SESSION['securityToken']); ?>

This is what it should look like:

<label class="inputLabel" for="login-password"><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_password_field('password', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, 'customers_password') . ' id="login-password"'); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>
    "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees." ~ Emiliano Zapata 1879-1919

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The login sidebox contribution was updated earlier to include the securityToken.

The tpl_timeout_default.php template file included in v1.3.8 already contains the securityToken. If yours doesn't, then you've not done a thorough upgrade.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default "There was a security error when trying to login" - v1.3.8

I am also stuck on this. I have replaced both of the above mentioned files (though this has been an obtuse thread - no mention of a practical solution - until page 6, and btw the FAQ merely restates the problem with no help!)
    Despite replacing them with fresh copies from the install, i still get the same security error on customer log-in. Any further suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnga View Post
    I am also stuck on this. I have replaced both of the above mentioned files (though this has been an obtuse thread - no mention of a practical solution - until page 6, and btw the FAQ merely restates the problem with no help!)
    Despite replacing them with fresh copies from the install, i still get the same security error on customer log-in. Any further suggestions?
    Please list the names of all the files in your custom template folder, ie: /includes/templates/NAME_OF_YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

BTW these problems are on holidaytoyexpress.com. I am waiting until I solve them to upgrae my other site!
    These are the files :
    tpl_about_us_default.php
    tpl_checkout_confirm.php
    tpl_checkout_payment.php
    tpl_checkout_shipping.php
    tpl_checkout_success.php
    tpl_login_default.php
    tpl_modules_product_listing.php
    tpl_time_out_default.php

Plugin Contributions

and I just found these in there:

tpl_gc_return_display.php
    tpl_gc_return_noproduct.php
    tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnga View Post
    BTW these problems are on holidaytoyexpress.com. I am waiting until I solve them to upgrae my other site!
    These are the files :
    tpl_about_us_default.php
    tpl_checkout_confirm.php
    tpl_checkout_payment.php
    tpl_checkout_shipping.php
    tpl_checkout_success.php
    tpl_login_default.php
    tpl_modules_product_listing.php
    tpl_time_out_default.php

... and I just found these in there:

tpl_gc_return_display.php
    tpl_gc_return_noproduct.php
    tpl_shopping_cart_default.php
    Okay ... and have you done an upgrade of ALL of THOSE files, by comparing them to the matching filenames in the template_default/templates folder, using a tool like WinMerge?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I just downloaded TextWrangler , because I am a Mac user. But having never used it before, I will have to spend some time learning how to make it work. The mystery is:
    What exactly am I looking for? Once I compare my files, am I looking for something that is not in my files that should be, or am I looking for something that is in my files that shouldn't be. Is there an explanation of what this new security feature does and which files it involves so people that don't know a lot about coding stand a chance of finding where they went wrong?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast