Plugin Contributions

red flag Fatal error: Allowed memory size

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\local.com\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 232

I realize this may have more to do with my WAMP than ZC, however I am running XAMPP and their forums are in German and it's all foreign to me.

The xampp I am using is 1.6.4 on W2K. When I first got the error I was trying to add a category through admin.

I googled the error and found that I should increase the memory allocation in php.ini, which I did, and then restarted the server.

First I increased the memory from 16MB to 32. Still got the error. Then from 32 to 64. Still got the error. And finally, the error I posted above, came after I set the memory to a whopping 96MB!

Obviously increasing the memory available to php is not going to cure the problem.

Anyone have any ideas, as I am about at my wits end. I have had numerous errors trying to get this test server running with ZC.

I have another test server running Xcart on NetServer WAMP and have never had any sort of trouble with it at all - runs like a charm. But this, I'm close to scrapping the whole thing.
    ZC 1.3.8a on Linux with lots o' mods

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size

Just a follow up. This error occurred on my local Windows test server. I also have the same exact site running on a production Linux server.

The linux appears to work fine. I've tried to duplicate the error I'm getting on my windows machine in the exact same way on the linux server and so far no errors. So it looks like it has something to do with the XAMPP distro.

Still, any help from anyone here would be appreciated, as I can't get anything useful out of their forum.
    ZC 1.3.8a on Linux with lots o' mods