Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Pro downgradable?

At the current moment, I just don't have the time to upgrade to 1.38 from my 1.37.1 however I was wondering would it be possible to grab just the PP Payment Pro module from the 1.38 and install it on my current site with 1.37.1?

If so what are all the files that I would need to make this work?

Thanks...

Dr. Byte I am sure you can throw in your advice.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Pro downgradable?

If you are using a custom Theme and the override system, upgrading would require the time it takes to upload the new files and run the 'zc_install' to upgrade your database. Add in time to first backup your database and reset up your PayPal and/or USPS shipping, you're looking at a total of approx. 30 minutes or so.

If you are not using the override system there is more work / time involved as you have to do things differently. Search the FAQs -- link at top of this page -- for more information on 'upgrading'.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    If you are using a custom Theme and the override system, upgrading would require the time it takes to upload the new files and run the 'zc_install' to upgrade your database. Add in time to first backup your database and reset up your PayPal and/or USPS shipping, you're looking at a total of approx. 30 minutes or so.

If you are not using the override system there is more work / time involved as you have to do things differently. Search the FAQs -- link at top of this page -- for more information on 'upgrading'.
    I don't think your post has anything to do with what I asked....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nrg77 View Post
    At the current moment, I just don't have the time to upgrade to 1.38 from my 1.37.1 however I was wondering would it be possible to grab just the PP Payment Pro module from the 1.38 and install it on my current site with 1.37.1?
    I don't recommend it.

There are a number of dependencies in other core files and in database structure which complicate such a move.

... Upgrading would be the safer approach.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte, guess I will have to go the upgrade approach.....