Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question USPS domestic flat rate box I see it for international

New shipping module does not seem to have a choice for domestic flat rate box -- is there one or what do I have to do to get one.

C.

$this->types = array('EXPRESS' => 'Express Mail',
    'FIRST CLASS' => 'First-Class Mail',
    'PRIORITY' => 'Priority Mail',
    'PARCEL' => 'Parcel Post',
    'MEDIA' => 'Media Mail',
    'BPM' => 'Bound Printed Material',
    'LIBRARY' => 'Library'
    );

$this->intl_types = array(
    'Global Express' => 'Global Express Guaranteed',
    'Global Express Non-Doc Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular',
    'Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular',
    'Express Mail Int' => 'Express Mail International (EMS)',
    'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope',
    'Priority Mail International' => 'Priority Mail International',
    'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope',
    'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box',
    'First-Class Mail Int' => 'First-Class Mail International'
    );

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS domestic flat rate box I see it for international

You may wish to search the USPS website on flat rate box and envelopes ...
    http://search.usps.com/search?site=%...=17&srchGo.y=6

There are other references as well on this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to add the domestic "FLAT RATE BOX" to my USPS module, however, so far it's only appearing as an option in my admin menu, it doesn't give me any rates back yet. (Btw, I checked the 1.3.8a version, it doesn't include it either or else I would've copied it.)

Here's what I modified so far:
    Code:
    $this->types = array('Express' => 'Express Mail',
            'First Class' => 'First-Class Mail',
            'Priority' => 'Priority Mail',	 
            'Priority Mail Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail Flat Rate Box',        'Parcel' => 'Parcel Post',
            'Media' => 'Media Mail',
            'BPM' => 'Bound Printed Material',
            'Library' => 'Library'
            );
    Code:
    // BOF: UPS USPS
        $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Domestic Shipping Methods', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES', 'Express, Priority, Priority Mail Flat Rate Box, First Class, Parcel, Media, BPM, Library', 'Select the domestic services to be offered:', '6', '14', 'zen_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'Express\', \'Priority\', \'Priority Mail Flat Rate Box\', \'First Class\', \'Parcel\', \'Media\', \'BPM\', \'Library\'), ',  now())");
    Now, if I read this manual correctly, in order to get the 'FLAT RATE BOX' rate, it has to be specified, but all I can find is this:
    Code:
    $this->_setContainer('None');
    Anywhere else I can find 'containers'??? Simply changing it doesn't do the trick. Anyone with ideas?

Thanks.
    A

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Express probs

Any patches in the works that will make the domestic (inside US) Priority Mail Flat Rate Box appear???

I've tried, but gave up ...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Express probs

DId you ever figure this out? I have ONE item in my store that I want to be able to ship Priority Flat Rate Envelope, but doesn't look like its going to be a option.

Plugin Contributions

See your other post ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

LillyPad, unfortunately not.

To the Zen cart folks ... please look at: http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm

Boxes
    • Flat Rate Boxes can be used for both domestic and international shipping:

— Available to anywhere in the U.S. for $8.95

— One rate to Canada and Mexico for $23.00

— One rate to all other countries for $37.00

*20 pound maximum for international shipments
    • The inside dimensions for the two boxes available are 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" and 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375". The two boxes are different shapes to accomodate a variety of contents.
    • The contents of the flat rate box must be neatly contained inside the box with adhesive packaging tape.
    • The box must close securely and retain its shape when taped with adhesive.
    • The shape of the box may not be changed or enlarged to fit its contents.

Extra services such as Delivery Confirmation™, Signature Confirmation® (Not available for international shipping), and Insurance are available to use with Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelopes and Boxes.

That's what I've been beaking my head over ...

Ajeh,

you just keep referring to the 'updated' USPS module, which I did copy to my installion, but it still doesn't show the above. So I did look at the technical manual for this API (http://www.usps.com/webtools/_pdf/Ra...ators-v1-2.pdf) and noticed that for the domestic version of the Flat Rate Box, a variable for container must be specified -> the Zen module uses "None" as a setting I believe. Also, all xml calls should be "RateV3", anything I've seen in the module just calls "Rate". However, simply changing the xml call to V3 alone doesn't do the trick, there must be something else that needs changing, but I have yet to figure out what.

If there is any chance you guys could look over the technical manual and compare it to the current zen functions, I would highly appreciate it!

For right now, I've added the "domestic Flat Box" as a zen flat rate. However, that makes it the customers choice. Which is no good, as the customer doesn't know when to pick what rate, they just always pick the lowest. If the item is too big to fit the flat rate box, we have to use the higher 'regular' priority rate.

You get it?

Andrea
    Last edited by aeibc; 7 Jan 2008 at 10:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I too am interested in getting the flat rate box in there. I swore it used to be in there but can't be sure. We just starting to get in orders daily and am spending a lot of time fiddling with shipping. I'm wondering if anyone can give advice or point me to where I can find the info to do what I want to do.

1. We ship small and large items. Some heavy and some light.

2. I'd like to have the smaller and lighter items that can fit in the flat rate boxes to have the option for the flat rate when shipping.

3. When the bigger items get ordered that are "large" packages they get charged the appropiate rate.

The only way I can see this to be done is to add another database entry to where we can specify if the items are eligible for either of these options. I suppose being able to enter in dimensions could accomplish the same thing but I think a simple checkbox would do and be more accurate. That way the computer is not left making those close "judgement" calls on final package dimensions.

I think for our business having this functionality is essential and I am about to go buy a php book and try to hack out some code. It's going to cost us too much money to constantly have large items being undercharged on shipping costs.

Maybe this is already possible? The documentation on the included shipping module is poor. I still don't understand how zencart figures what a small or large package is. I really wish the FAQ could be written more clearly on this subject!!!! Can't the Tare options be easier to pick in the admin?

20:4 <---- not user friendly!!!! It must be really easy to make this more obvious what it means!!! Sorry I went into rant mode here. I"ll go read the FAQ again before you guys get annoyed at me.

Plugin Contributions

I have been wrestling with this question about USPS Priority Mail FLAT RATE. To make things worse, there are now 2 sizes of Flat Rate boxes for domestic shipping, 8.5"x11"x5.5" for $8.95 and 12"x12"x5.5" for $12.95 (and the large FP box can be shipped to AFO/FPO for $10.95). BUT, unless you are only selling a limited kind of product, we can't tell the customer whether it will fit the FP box or which one, etc. And sometimes it's actually cheaper by weight.
    So my strategy on this is to give good service...let the customer select the shipping method based on weight for the total order. Then, after I have packed the order, if it is cheaper to ship flat rate, I will do so and reduce the charge to the customer when I capture the funds in the CC gateway or PayPal. Otherwise the charges will be exactly what the customer expected. One less problem to worry about.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone got this resolved? I need this option too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast