Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to edit .php files

Need to edit header.php to replace sales message goes here etc. When I try to open the header.php file I get error message saying file cannot be found in temp internet folder. I tried editing header.php that I had on a local install and loading that to the server........ I ended up with 2 x header.php files. I noticed that the online tutorial had a path of includes/english/custom. I had no custom folder in there, so I created a folder called custom and saved my edited header.php file in that folder. Still no change created. What am I missing here? This should be a really simple task shouldn't it? Cheers, Andy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to edit .php files

/custom/ is an indicator that the file should go in your template folder. If you don't have one, but are working with the /classic/ template folders, that is where the file should go.

But you really should create your own template - All you really have to do for that is duplicate every /classic/ folder and its files to a /your_template_name/ folder that is a neighbor of the /classic/ folder. Then edit /your_template/template_info.php to reflect your personal info, select the template in Tools > Template Manager, and reset the sideboxes in Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.

Now you have your own template that is safe from being erased during an upgrade (Classic will be reset to its default appearance when you upgrade.)