Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default US State Tax not working for me????????????

Hello All,

I have set Admin/config/mystore
    Basis of product tax = store
    Basis of shipping tax = store what is the diffrence? between the twwo
    Sales Tax Display = 0 I am figuring that if tax IS apllied by zone it will show?
    Admin/Locations/Taxes
    Zone definitions = Arkansas and it does have a green dot!!!!!
    Tax Class = Taxable goods
    Tax Rate is defined with a %

Admin/catolg/product types
    Did the edit layout of Product Type General set Product Price Tax Class - When Adding New Products = 1 Now I just did that does it apply that to all products in the database?

If I do a test order and Use an Arkansas address an Arkansas is a defined zone I would think that I should be charged tax since I am doing it from an in state address?

www.petestown.com RIch

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: US State Tax not working for me????????????

Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kim,
    I just went back and retraced my steps. That was the thread I found to set it up to begin with! I did it all over again just to make sure! This statement puzzles me?

Last, make sure you apply the new tax class that you created (Taxable Goods) to any and all products that you might be charging tax on.

So if I go and do this step

To make this faster when adding new products, in the Admin area, you can select a default Tax Class to be applied to all new products you create, by selecting "Catalog -> Product Types -> (choose a product type) -> Edit Layout -> Default Tax Class

Did that not apply it to all of my exsisting products? www.petestown.com
    Rich
    Also the tID=1 in the URL so I set it to 1 in that last step!

Plugin Contributions

If you are still having trouble with it, delete your browser cookies for the store - if you created your account *before* you set up the taxes you will have problems.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I reset my cookies! I even deleted my accout and recreated and went through!

Should I only see a tax amount if it is applied to me becuse it goes through without tax?
    And by setting the attribute in the Admin/produt type area to 1 did that update my database for all my products?

Because it still did not show any tax Kim?
    www.petestown.com Rich

Plugin Contributions

And by setting the attribute in the Admin/produt type area to 1 did that update my database for all my products?
    Only the products added since you made that change are taxable at this time - you will either have to update each product individually or find the SQL query posted on the forum to update the tax status.

Plugin Contributions

Ahhhhhhh Well thats probably why its not working then So i need to look for a thread about this that will automaticly do this!!!!!! Much better idea I have to many products loaded LOL

Thank You Ms Kim I appreciate you indulging me as usual

Plugin Contributions

OK Kim,

One more question? How would I update a product individualy to now be set for tax on that zone? Do I just go preview and update each one? like I would go do to edit any product? And since I have cahanged that setting it will now update it?

www.petestown.com Rich

Plugin Contributions

Well I am still at a lost here! I believe I have eveything set correctly now! But I do not have this figured out about exsisting producst!

How do I set a default Tax Class for exsisting-products that are already in my database ?

I have searched the forum for anything about taxes and SQL and of coarse this topic itself there is plenty about setting the tax system up about setting it up to add knoew products but I am not finding any threads on exsisitng products and how to update them?

www.petestown.com Rich

Plugin Contributions

Hint: If one were to edit a Product ... one could correct anything that was not added correctly the first time ...

If one were to need to update all products and set the products_tax_class_id to the id used for taxing the products ...

But one would need to know what that tax id value is ... which could be found if one were to edit a Product and set the tax setting correctly then view it in phpMyAdmin and browse the products table ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast