Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Orders paid for by PayPal but not showing in Admin

Hi, last night i had 2 orders come through by paypal so a payment was made. When i went into the admin and my emails, no orders were shown as pending. It had shown the 2 customers in the 'new customers' bit when they sign up bu the orders section had shown only previous orders.

Anyway i left this last night thinking it would have shown again today, but no luck! So i have no idea what they have bought and was hoping it would fix it self (it did this a while ago but only took about an hour to come through eventually).

Anyone know what hte problem might be? I'd hate to start email them asking what they ordered as there seems to be a glitch.

Also the paypal title of the payment email was different to normal it says:

Notification of Payment Recieved

Not as all previous emails have: Item no. Store receipt.

Help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders paid for by PayPal but not showing in Admin

Downloaded the view stuck paypal orders but am getting errors:

Displaying 82 records...
    PAYPAL SESSION INFO for record #2, which expires on 1172242558
    Session_ID=3651f7b5c40c1321469b15b164d98f56
    customers_host_address => 88-110-185-37.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com
    cartID =>

Catchable fatal error: Object of class shoppingCart could not be converted to string in /view_stuck_paypal_orders.php on line 71

Plugin Contributions

Thirdly i just tested out buying a 1p product and i recieved the paypal email stating "Item store receipt" but still not mention of a order in the admin. (did wonder if it was what a previous person suggested that they are not clicking back to your site to fully complete the order)

I've closed my store, i have no idea what these customers have ordered and as i make one off pieces of jewellery don't want to risk any double ordering.
    Last edited by ladygodiva; 5 Dec 2007 at 11:09 AM.

Plugin Contributions

p.p.p.s I've been reading through all the previous threads and have tried most things non of which seem to make any difference. I.e gone through all my paypal details, changed some meta_tags code to .php.bak ect.

Just seem bizarre since the stores been open 6 months and its only in the past week this has happened.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
    Just seem bizarre since the stores been open 6 months and its only in the past week this has happened.
    Okay ... so ... since *you* didn't change anything, did your *host* change something on your webserver in the last week or two? PHP version, firewall configurations, network changes, server changes, software upgrades, etc?

Also, in your PayPal profile, is your Instant Payment Notification (IPN) still enabled?

You might want to report the problem to PayPal, saying that your Website Payments Standard Instant Payment Notifications aren't getting to you.

Additionally, there are troubleshooting steps here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte I've been looking through the paypal wiki as i realise there are a few other threads similar. IPN is still enabled and all settings are as they should be.

Is there anything in particular i need to ask my webhost? Or just basically what you've said? If so I'll do that now and see if the problem might have been at their end.

Plugin Contributions

Actually i just did another test order and it went through fine and came up in my admin. Not sure if perhaps it might have been a glitch via paypal or as you said, my webhost? I'll see how things go.

Plugin Contributions

I am having a similar problem. My webserver uses PHP version 4.4.7 but sent out an email recently about updating to PHP 5. It asks if I want to activate PHP 5 and the warns that this will affect .htaccess. Is this something I should do and is the potentially causing the issues with orders not being sent to admin / email? I dont know much about this so any help would be great. Thanks

I am having a similar problem. I do get an email from paypal notifying me of the payment, but it only lists the item as "starkforecast.net purchase", and does not tell me what item was actually purchased. The order does not show up in admin, and the order does not show up under reports>products purchased, so I have no way of knowing what product was purchased, except to email the customer to ask what they ordered. Any ideas how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem. I have checked both the paypal setting and the zen-cart settings 3 or 4 times, but still can't fix the problem. I keep having to email my customers asking them to enter the order again using "Collect from Store" as I already have the payment. It's a bit painful, but what else can I do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast