Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Website Payments Pro - 1.3.8 Problem

Okay-

We have upgraded to 1.3.8 and everything seems to be working nicely.

However -

We are having problems with Paypal Web Payments Pro NOT working as our payment module.

- PayPal Express Checkout is enabled. All API Signature info has been entered from PayPal.

- We are signed up for PayPal Pro.

- PayPal Pro is also enabled as a module.

When checking out, the "Checkout With Paypal" button appears. This links to
    ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec.

Clicking this checkout button takes us to an error page:

2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    in:
    [select customers_email_format from customers where customers_email_address= '[email protected]']
    2006 MySQL server has gone away
    in:
    [select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '413f7c827a70fa7e938c97764f71b139']

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

The only reason we went through eight hours of backup and admin work is to integrate payments on the website. Any trouble-shooting would be appreciated.

Thank you -

-Benjamin

ShopEquipmentParts.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website Payments Pro - 1.3.8 Problem

If I were to guess, this sounds like a network issue. I've seen that error in the past when Zen tries to access an outside service (PayPal, USPS, etc) and it takes too long. The error occurs because the database server closes it's connection while Zen is waiting for the outside service. That's the "MySQL server has gone away" message.

Are you currently using any of the shipping modules that contact outside services (USPS, UPS, FedEx,etc)? If not, does your hosting provider require you to access outside networks through a Proxy? If so, is the proxy information entered into Zen? (Admin Panel -> Configuration -> My Store)

Plugin Contributions

Tick -

My first thought was a timeout error also. The only thing is, when we switch back to the standard PayPal IPN everything works fine.

Yes, we have the UPS shipping module.

We are hosted on GoDaddy, so a proxy is required. This has already been setup under My Store, as you mentioned, and selected on the payment module setup.

We've been looking forward to 1.3.8 for months now, waiting to integrate payment.... and we can't get it working. Frustrating. Any other ideas, anybody?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like GoDaddy's proxy is running slow ... again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE -

I have troubleshooted to the point where it is no longer timing out. The PayPal button works...

BUT...

It takes you to the standard PayPal login / link page that we have been seeing with the standard IPN. In other words, even though we have a Payments Pro account setup, it is taking us away from our site to process the payment.

How do we integrate this into the site using Payments Pro? All API info has been entered, as far as I can tell.

Ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bdekraker View Post
    When checking out, the "Checkout With Paypal" button appears. This links to
    ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec.

Clicking this checkout button takes us to an error page ...
    If you're clicking on the PayPal Express Checkout button ... then this isn't a Website Payments Pro issue ...
    Website Payments Pro is the credit-card fields on the payment page, where PayPal does the Credit Card processing.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds like GoDaddy's proxy is running slow ... again.
    Yeah, now there's a surprise...

I solved that issue by migrating to a new hosting provider and would encourage anyone else experiencing the issue to do the same.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte -

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying. However....

Let's say I'm a new customer. I add a product to my cart and want to checkout.

I have two buttons - "Go to Checkout" or "Paypal."

I want to use a credit card to I select "Go to Checkout...."

And now I can login, create a new account, or use Paypal.

The top option is the yellow PayPal Express button which says "Want to pay quickly with a credit card?" Even though using a credit card should go instead through Payments Pro.

Is there a way to eliminate this PayPal button, or at least change the sort order so that the default is using Pro to process a credit card?

Sorry if this is confusing.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's unclear how to go forward and just pay with a credit card. What are the options for simplifying this?

Plugin Contributions

My previous post was confusing. Sorry about that.

Is there a way to remove the PayPal Express button, and just have PayPal as an available option on the same checkout page that takes credit card information?

We want to make it as simple and straightforward as possible to checkout, give credit card information, and be done. Thanks for any ideas.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

First, please confirm ... if your customer is savvy enough to get to the Payments page and not go to PayPal first, does the pay-by-credit-card using Website Payments Pro work properly for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast