Plugin Contributions

Default Required stop working

attribute used to be txt_1 and now is labeled as TEXT_PREFIX1 in the source code of the product page.

Issue:
    No form validation for the attribute field that is setup with REQUIRED.

I found this link to another person's forum post asking the same question back in Dec. 2007 with no reply: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...44&postcount=1

Any help would be great as my store no longer checks to make sure there is a needed value present.

Now looks like this: (no Required action)
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="id[TEXT_PREFIX1]" size="32" maxlength="32" value="" id="attrib-1-0" />
    Was this: (Required action)
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="id[txt_1]" size="32" maxlength="32" value="" id="attrib-1-0" />
    Please assist as I can't locate an answer. Thank you
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Required stop working

So my Required attribute died...

I put together some javascript to run when the "Add to Cart" button is pressed:

Thanks to w3school:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function validate_required(field,alerttxt)
    {
    with (field)
      {
      if (value==null||value=="")
        {
        alert(alerttxt);return false;
        }
      else
        {
        return true;
        }
      }
    }

function validate_form(thisform)
    {
    with (thisform)
      {
    	if(validate_required(document.getElementById("attrib-1-0"),"Please click child's name from list.")==false)
      {options.focus();return false;}
      }
    }
    </script>
    however, I can't seem to find the correct page in zen-cart to place the onSubmit for the image. Can anybody help locate this page? I tried the dev tool in admin but maybe I am searching incorrectly.

onSubmit or onClick

Summary... I want my validate_form(thisform) to run either by submitting the form or when Add to Cart button is pressed.

Thank you
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Did you check this post to see if you are having similar problems?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69217
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Did you check this post to see if you are having similar problems?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69217
    There was something really dumb the other day ... where a setting was missing from someone's database that was causing this ...

Think ... Think ... Think ...

I remember!!!

Google Site map is one possibility where it wipes out some settings ...

The other is that any of these are missing from the configuration table ...

In the Tools ... Insert SQL Patch ... enter these:
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Product option type Select''PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT''0''The number representing the Select type of product option.'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Upload prefix''UPLOAD_PREFIX''upload_''Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Text prefix''TEXT_PREFIX''txt_''Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Image Handler Version''IH_VERSION''2.0''This is used by image handler to check if the database is up to date with uploaded image handler files.'0100NULL'2007-06-06 16:47:03'NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small('); 

edited for buzz word: fix attributes required requiring requires for text is broken or stopped working
    That did the trick! Thanks... and here I was trying to insert my own form validation....

Plugin Contributions

Surprisingly ... I was just now on a site that was experiencing this exact same issue ...

Guess what?! This worked for me too!!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Surprisingly ... I was just now on a site that was experiencing this exact same issue ...

Guess what?! This worked for me too!!
    I didn't have any mods that caused this.. It was a database recovery(from backup) that messed with this "required text" issue. (just more info for possible others that might be experiencing this issue after a rollback.)

Now... I am looking for easy to follow steps for creating a test or dev environment for 1.3.9a ;-)

Plugin Contributions

I had to repeat this procedure after installing the contribution named: Recover Site Sales.

Not sure why.. but a simple SQL copy and paste and my "required" started working again.