Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default I think this is a CSS problem?

If you go to my shop, the products run on through the footer on some computers (not mine at home, but my office one). See it at:

http://diginirvana.com/zen_cart/store

I think this is a CSS problem? Does anyone see anything suspicious in my CSS?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Carina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I think this is a CSS problem?

What is the difference in the two computers? Different browser? I'm viewing in Firefox on a Mac and I don't see the problem so I don't know how to help :) .

Plugin Contributions

Both are Macs. Mine is a powerbook. The ones at my office is brand new with Leopard on it. I don't think that's the problem though. One of my Creative Team members said they are having trouble scrolling down (which seems to be the issue). And fixes for something like that?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I think a contributing factor is that I added this recently (now I have the scrolling problem for some computers). Here it is:

.centerColumn {
    background-image: url(../images/nirvanagrandopeningsale1.jpg);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    height: 90px;
    margin:0;
    padding-top: 93px;
    }

So I added 90px of height that for some reason does not get fixed for some browsers/computers. Also I just tried the shop out in Internet Explorer on my computer and noticed that the footer just comes out as a thin line (with no buttons/links). Otherwise it is fine in Firefox and Safari on my computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
    Carina

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to figure out why you have repeat-x on your background repeat. I only see it once and I'm assuming that's all you want me to see, so you need to replace the repeat-x with no-repeat. Not sure that will help at all since I'm a trial and error learner and I can't do that with your site, but it can't hurt to try that. What I'm really wondering, though, is why you don't just add the image via the main page editor as you did with the text. This doesn't look like the stock Zen template so you very well may have a reason, but I'm just not familiar with that template so I have no idea why adding it along with the text wouldn't work.

Plugin Contributions

If I use the main page editor won't it only show up on one page (the main page)? Not every page as it does now? plus, I'm not sure how to add an image.

I changed the repeat-x, but it didn't seem to solve the problem. Hmmm. Anything else?

Thanks so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Aah, I didn't know you wanted it on every page. Guess I'd better bow out now and leave it to the experts if that didn't fix it. As I said, I'm a trial and error learner so without just playing around, I wouldn't have any other ideas. Maybe someone else here will. I can say that I feel your pain, I hate the differences between the way different browsers render the pages (not only in Zen, but in everything)!

Plugin Contributions

Try this:

.centerColumn {
    background-image: url(../images/nirvanagrandopeningsale1.jpg);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    height: 1%;
    margin:0;
    padding-top: 93px;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I think that fixed everything but the product image (it doesn't move down). I have to check my school office on Monday to see if that computer works with this too. Any ideas on the product image?

Thanks SO much!
    Carina

Plugin Contributions

You need to increase the top margin for the category icon/description so that the page starts to display below the background image you have added.

Find this:

.categoryIcon {
    }

Change to this:

.categoryIcon {
    margin-top:90px;
    }

This then gives you the issue of your description not lining up. From what I can see in firebug you have a 4em top padding setting for <h1>, if you change this to 1em it should align. You need to check that this doesn't cause a conflict elsewhere.

h1 {
    margin: 0.2em;
    padding-top: 1em;
    margin-top: 1em;
    }

You have a few errors on this site you need to look at concerning google analytics as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast