Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Taxation issue for BC & Alberta

Hi my shop is located in Toronto, I've setup all my taxation categories & zones according to the steps & double checked them. I've been operating for several months now & in the last week I've had two customers make purchases, one from BC & the other from Alberta. Both were not charged any taxes. I double checked the zones & BC & AB are on the GST zones list. Ontario taxation is fine I haven't tried the other provinces to know if they all work, I just assumed they did.

Please give me some suggestions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Taxation issue for BC & Alberta

Suggestions:
    - check your zones to ensure that you've actually added BC and AB to your BC and AB zones.
    - try some test transactions yourself, using BC and AB addresses ... do taxes calculate correctly? If not, then it's no surprise that your customers weren't charged.

There's a Canada Tax Setup article at the top of this particular forum, as a "sticky" thread, worth reading and referencing while you troubleshoot.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, yes I used the sticky thread to setup my taxes originally, & I read it again over the last day or two to verify that I had done everything correctly.

BC & AB are added as zones everything is done exactly as the "sticky" thread states, but still no taxes being charged on BC or AB addresses.

Like I said before I haven't tried quebec or Saskatchewan or Manitoba addresses.

I guess I'll do that & see if it's just the two or if it's more....

Plugin Contributions

I just triple checked the "Sticky" thread, Everything is done except for the last section, the SQL statement?? Where do I input this or would this be the problem?

Plugin Contributions

I just tried making a purchase with a Manitoba address, no taxes were added just shipping & item. Obviously the problem lies in my GST Zone, but where can I look for the error?

The zones are defined, have I not added the taxes to the products?

But, the taxes do get added to all products that are purchased in Ontario, & that would be part of the same GST zone...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's "in" your GST zone, if you click on the "details" button?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The ten provinces & territories.

Plugin Contributions

Any ideas yet on what the heck is wrong? I just had another customer purchase from Alberta... NO TAXES charged

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What addons/contributions do you have installed?
    How long has this mis-calculation been happening?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the lack of knowlege, but Contributions/ Add-ons?? What are these and how would I know which are added or not?

In regards to how long this has been going on, I've only now received a rush of business from the west coast, so I only noticed it now, but it may have been this way from day one.... I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast