Plugin Contributions

Default after upgrade... shows I need to upgrade???

I upgraded from 1.3.7.1 to 1.3.8 and now have the following happening. When I open up the admin page I get this:

New Version Available v1.3.8 :: New Release with PayPal Website Payments Pro support
    Download Here
    Any idea of why it might be telling me I need to upgrade?... I just checked the version/server info on the tools pulldown and it's showing that my zen cart level is still 1.3.7.1

Everything went great with the upgrade. Any idea of what is happening? Could this be something to do with the files in my "my_template" directory? Oh... and it does recognize that I have the new database.

Thanks...
    Last edited by crabdance; 8 Dec 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: more info:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: after upgrade... shows I need to upgrade???

I think some user has the same problem. Probably you missed some file containing the current version of ZC while uploading. So ZC "thinks" that you are still using the old one.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    I think some user has the same problem. Probably you missed some file containing the current version of ZC while uploading. So ZC "thinks" that you are still using the old one.
    Thanks... now if I just knew what file that was I will keep looking. Also if anyone else knows what file it is please let me know.

thanks again...

Plugin Contributions

Did you upload all of the files that changed? Did you upgrade your database?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Did you upload all of the files that changed? Did you upgrade your database?
    Hi Kim,

I uploaded all the files but I was lazy about comparing the "my_template" files to any that might have changed. Guess that makes it my fault (smile)... I overwrote all files except for the ones in the "my_template" directories.

I would imagine that is where the error is... can't think of anything else it would be.

thanks...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you need to re-upload your updated files?
    And ensure that your FTP program is configured to overwrite *all* files (not just changed files or files whose date has changed etc ... replace *all* files).

Also, skipping your template-files upgrades is not wise. Anytime you do an upgrade it should be a complete upgrade. Otherwise you'll end up with weird problems that neither you nor we can solve easily ... and the solution will be to "do the upgrade". So, why not do it right from the start?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Perhaps you need to re-upload your updated files?
    And ensure that your FTP program is configured to overwrite *all* files (not just changed files or files whose date has changed etc ... replace *all* files).

Also, skipping your template-files upgrades is not wise. Anytime you do an upgrade it should be a complete upgrade. Otherwise you'll end up with weird problems that neither you nor we can solve easily ... and the solution will be to "do the upgrade". So, why not do it right from the start?
    Hi DrByte,

Thanks for the help. I did make sure that I overwrote all files. I'm using FileZilla too. As far as updating my the files in my custom template folder goes, I will start now and compare them with the new version of the file to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks again for the help...

Plugin Contributions

Did you uninstall/reinstall PayPal. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Did you uninstall/reinstall PayPal. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere.
    Yes, I did uninstall and re-install the paypal mod. Thanks for taking a look Rob.

Plugin Contributions

I just upgraded to 1.3.8a and now the error about having the right version no longer shows up. Instead it shows: "Your version of Zen Cart™ appears to be current."

Thanks to everyone for another smooth upgrade.