Plugin Contributions

Default Editing the way Specials appear

I have found out how to change the way featured products, new products, and all products appear as far as image size, description, etc. by going under CONFIG and then new listing, featured listing, etc.

If I assign specials, how do I change those same settings for it? Basically I want to change the image size for the product listings and the description like I did for the new and featured listings.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing the way Specials appear

Come on, someone has to know this!

Plugin Contributions

Specials is not really a listing in the same way as featured/new/all are. Even when you go to the specials page, it is still laid out like the centerboxes that appear below the category or product listings.

You can set the number of products per row in Configuration > Index Listing (this affects both the centerbox and the specials page), and the image size is controlled by the small image height & width in Configuration > Images.

Otherwise, the display is hard-coded in /includes/modules/specials_index.php to show image, name and price in a vertical row. There are no class tags on the main elements of an individual product, but they should be able to be addressed with combination selectors like first-child and adjacent-sibling to move them around some and style them. It may be possible to change the image display size, too.

Plugin Contributions

I'm too tired to check this, but yeah it should be able to modify the way it looks. You will have to dig in the code a bit though.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Editing the way Specials appear

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is kinda outdated but i was wondering if someone has found a fix to make the specials page look more like the products_new or products_all pages.

I think the specials page doesnt quite fit with the whole design

Yours,
    Peter de Leeuw

P.s.
    check it here: http://www.geurenhuis.nl/shop/specials.html
    and here: http://www.geurenhuis.nl/shop/products_new.html

Plugin Contributions

Hi Peter,

I don't understand your question, do you want to change the whole look of the specials section so it looks very different on your homepage?

One idea might be to change the images of the items that are on special, put them with a special coloured background or a frame. If you do something to make those products look different from the other products on your web shop then maybe you can acheive what you're looking for.

Only a suggestion, let me know how you get on! Its much simpler to edit and change the images for the items you have on special than it is to trawl through the code and settings for the specials add-on to try to tweak its appearance.

Good luck!