Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to save changes in admin after upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a

A client asked me to move their zen cart installation from 1 webhost to another.

Old webhost runs 1.3.7 and new one runs 1.3.8a.

These were the steps I took to do the migration:
    1. Installed a local copy of 1.3.7.
    2. Copied the old server's copy of 1.3.7 and database
    3. Got the working copy of old 1.3.7 working locally
    4. Upgraded local 1.3.7 and database to 1.3.8a
    5. Migrate local 1.3.8a to the new server

Everything looks good. I can log in to the admin section but am now unable to save any changes made to the store, like add products, update description, add google analytics code.

Any ideas as to where I can start looking?

Thanks so much!

-koes

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to save changes in admin after upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a

Some indication as to what happens when you try to make updates would be useful.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to save changes in admin after upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a

Oh sorry, when you click update or save, it just refreshes the page and no changes were applied.

Plugin Contributions

What about other pages such as changing configuration switches, or switching content boxes on and off?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

doesn't work either. any form submission redirects the site to the admin/index.php with no changes applied.

Plugin Contributions

i thought that i might be able to reproduce it locally, but i haven't been able to.

weird thing is that sometimes i am able to log in to the admin page, sometimes i can't. i haven't been able to log in to the admin on firefox and have been able to on safari.

any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Did you edit both config files to use the paths and database on the Server?

Plugin Contributions

yea. i actually made copies of the original config in includes and admin/includes before i made the changes, then overwrote the config back to where they're supposed to be. i can view the site just fine, just can't get into admin. and IF i could get it in the admin page, i can't make any changes at all. it just redirects the page to admin/index.php on any form submit.

Plugin Contributions

it just redirects the page to admin/index.php on any form submit.
    That sounds like a permission issue and/or redirection involving an .htaccess file.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And, if you recently applied the admin security patch and now all your admin forms are going back to admin home, then you didn't apply the patch correctly, and probably put the files in the wrong places contrary to the install instructions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast