Plugin Contributions

Default Tax adding incorrectly?

I'm new to this, so it might be something I overlooked, BUT...

We're based in Indiana, meaning we have to charge the same Indiana sales tax regardless of where we're shipping the item to (6.0% on everything). I have our cart set up that way, and when a customer checks out, there's a line for "Indiana Tax 6.0%" at the bottom. Perfect.

BUT -- we've had four orders so far, and two of them have incorrect tax amounts. It's off by a couple dollars on both of them. Both have used coupon codes, so is it possible that the coupon code is affecting the taxes? We have one correct, and I ran a "test" as well, and it worked correct also, however, with the coupon code.

What's going on with this? Is it something obvious that I need to fix?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax adding incorrectly?

Can you give us an example of the numbers from the orders that are wrong and what you expect them to be?
    And what version of Zen Cart you're using, along with a list of addons/contributions you've installed.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

We're running 1.3.7 -- the only add-on we have is 'stock by attributes'.

Here is a screen-cap of one of the cases. It's happened twice so far, and we can't figure out where it's coming from. These products are all taxable goods, and the tax is defined at 6.000 percent for IN sales tax... not sure what's causing this:

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have an answer for this? I am experiencing the same thing and I go live in 2 days. Here is an example order that was incorrect...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapHutInc View Post
    Does anyone have an answer for this? I am experiencing the same thing and I go live in 2 days. Here is an example order that was incorrect...
    Just as a heads up.. this problem is resolved in the latest version. After upgrading, the issue went away.
    Scrap Hut - The Right Products, The Right Price, Right Now! http://www.scrap-hut.com