Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't log into Zen Cart after server move

We recently moved our server and all is working well except I can't log into the administration area. I tried https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2 to add a generic "Admin/admin" and log in with that but it returns "You entered the wrong username or password." When I log in with our username / password that worked, it returns no error message at all but spits me out at the same login screen. We normally use SSL but when I disable SSL_ADMIN, it does the exact same thing. The version of Zen Cart we use is 1.2.7 (planning on upgrading within the next few days). Should I just upgrade now and then try fixing the admin problem or is there something I can do before upgrading? Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log into Zen Cart after server move

Zen Cart v1.2.x and earlier are PHP 4.3-compatible and probably operate on PHP 5 fine; however, it's important to note that they will not work on MySQL5 (typically installed alongside PHP 5) without extensive code modifications.

And your new server is running ... ?

Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Running is one word for it...the site appears to be running but I can't log in to the admin area and items can't be placed in the shopping cart. Other than that it works great. Anyway, I'll try upgrading in the morning (already have a 1.3.8 template ready on a test server).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I believe the "running" reference above was intended to be a question about which PHP version your server is running.

Quote Originally Posted by bobonov View Post
    I can't log in to the admin area and items can't be placed in the shopping cart.
    Both are symptomatic of problems related to starting a "session" in PHP.
    This is often a result of session support being disabled or misconfigured, or of cookies not being set to the correct domain name to match your site (or not set at all).
    FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=281

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, that's what I get for being tired...server is running 5.0.38-Ubuntu_0ubuntu1.1 for mySQL and PHP Version 5.2.1 (on Ubuntu, if you couldn't tell). Also, I'm having problems running the new zc_install for 1.3.8...when I go to it, the page displays nothing, even when i "force" it by going to that /index.php

Also, test server is running mySQL 5.x and PHP Version 5.2.3 on Vista.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bobonov View Post
    I'm having problems running the new zc_install for 1.3.8...when I go to it, the page displays nothing, even when i "force" it by going to that /index.php
    What's in the /cache/zcInstallxxxxx.log log files? Can you zip and attach or post a link to them?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty sure it's just a result of me not copying everything I was supposed to copy. I'll mess around with it for a bit and if I'm still having problems, I'll let you know. Thanks for all the help, by the way.

Plugin Contributions

Hello I also recently changed servers and I am having problems...

I was getting this message when I was doing a test order: "[FONT=&quot]Email Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." Before I was about to change my email settings I logged out & clicked on "resend password" & it the password has not been sent to me and my old one is not working...

I need to get back into my Zen Card admin area ASAP.

Please help me.

Thanks.
    [/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

See the FAQ link in the first post in this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    See the FAQ link in the first post in this thread.
    Thanks.

My partner & I tried following the steps in this link https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2 and it did not work.

We are still unable to log in...

Is there another alternative?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast