Plugin Contributions

Default Lost all customer and order data, please help!

I had a web designer redo my site.

She launched the new site today, and all my customer data, order history etc are ALL GONE!

my questions are:

by putting the new template in, did she have to wipe out my customer and order info?

how do I go about to retrieving it and putting it into the new template?

-all I really care about is the customer info (so they don't have to sign up again)
    and the order history.

anyhelp is appreciated!

thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Lost all customer and order data, please help!

by putting the new template in, did she have to wipe out my customer and order info?
    --> Absolutely no

Do you or she has a backup of the database? How about your host, did you contact them?

Regards,
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Yellow: thank you for the qucik response!

Im not sure if she has a back up of the data.

Im going to check my CPanel to see what the data base.

but if she replaced it, and did a back up of the new template, does that mean it will override the old backup, and still have no customer data in it?

does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    --> Absolutely no

Do you or she has a backup of the database? How about your host, did you contact them?

Regards,

Plugin Contributions

The template has nothing to do with the database, she had no reason to touch the database (delete/replace/whatsover).

What you need right now is a backup of the database, not the template though. Anywa, you need to ask her did she erase the database, and why did she even have to do that? If she did so, if she has any experience dealing with database she should have backed it up first, ask her if she did.

If she did not, your last hope is your host, you have to contact them.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

yellow:

My designer isn't really replying anymore. (i guess she just wants to get it done)

I do have access to the cpanel. how do I proceed? is the info in the mysq database?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    The template has nothing to do with the database, she had no reason to touch the database (delete/replace/whatsover).

What you need right now is a backup of the database, not the template though. Anywa, you need to ask her did she erase the database, and why did she even have to do that? If she did so, if she has any experience dealing with database she should have backed it up first, ask her if she did.

If she did not, your last hope is your host, you have to contact them.

Plugin Contributions

C-panel should give you access to the database via phpAdmin, but unless you know what you are doing, avoid messing about with the database. You can take a quick look quite safely, but don't make any changes. If the database looks intact (which I suspect it is) then the problems lie elsewhere.

Do you know exactly what your designer did? If she simply uploaded a different template to the EXISTING directories on your server, then the database is intact (or should be) as the template and the database are entirely separate components.

It could be that she has set up a "new" webshop entirely - in parallel to the original one, and has omitted to change the settings in the configure.php files.

Without knowing what she did, it's difficult to suggest remedies.

Does the new shop actually show any products at all? If it appears to be functioning, then I suspect your designer has done a fresh upload of zencart, but has not pointed it at the correct database.

What is the URL for the site?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

i took a quick peek, there are two databases.

one with the "old info"

and one that she created

the old one has all the information intact.

I tried the import/export files on myphp as per the tutorials on the non important things (like counter) and it seems to work, but Im not sure how to go about the customer.sql.

I exported the customer sql from the old db and imported to the new db, but nothing has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    C-panel should give you access to the database via phpAdmin, but unless you know what you are doing, avoid messing about with the database. You can take a quick look quite safely, but don't make any changes. If the database looks intact (which I suspect it is) then the problems lie elsewhere.

Do you know exactly what your designer did? If she simply uploaded a different template to the EXISTING directories on your server, then the database is intact (or should be) as the template and the database are entirely separate components.

It could be that she has set up a "new" webshop entirely - in parallel to the original one, and has omitted to change the settings in the configure.php files.

Without knowing what she did, it's difficult to suggest remedies.

Does the new shop actually show any products at all? If it appears to be functioning, then I suspect your designer has done a fresh upload of zencart, but has not pointed it at the correct database.

What is the URL for the site?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smallpigpig View Post
    i took a quick peek, there are two databases.

one with the "old info"

and one that she created

the old one has all the information intact.

I tried the import/export files on myphp as per the tutorials on the non important things (like counter) and it seems to work, but Im not sure how to go about the customer.sql.

I exported the customer sql from the old db and imported to the new db, but nothing has changed.
    As I said in my PM's to you, you'll have to COMPARE these two databases to see where the faults lie... but why was a new dbase created??? If the site was simply a template change, then just point everything to the ORIGINAL (old) database. Do this in the configure.php files in INCLUDES and ADMIN/INCLUDES.

When overlaying a new template (assuming it's compatible with the version of Zencart you're using) there's no need to tamper with the database.

Oh... one other thing - users are getting a https warning when working under https on your site ("This page has non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?"). This becomes VERY irritating, as it appears on every screen in https. The reason it's happening is that the reference to "Top 50" at the bottom right has been HARD CODED into your php files. Either get rid of this entirely, or try using "https://" at the start of their URL.
    Last edited by schoolboy; 8 Jan 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: additional data
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

i took care of the top 50.

i simply select no to have it on ssl pages.

the problem is the cornertrust logo now...
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    As I said in my PM's to you, you'll have to COMPARE these two databases to see where the faults lie... but why was a new dbase created??? If the site was simply a template change, then just point everything to the ORIGINAL (old) database. Do this in the configure.php files in INCLUDES and ADMIN/INCLUDES.

When overlaying a new template (assuming it's compatible with the version of Zencart you're using) there's no need to tamper with the database.

Oh... one other thing - users are getting a https warning when working under https on your site ("This page has non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?"). This becomes VERY irritating, as it appears on every screen in https. The reason it's happening is that the reference to "Top 50" at the bottom right has been HARD CODED into your php files. Either get rid of this entirely, or try using "https://" at the start of their URL.

Plugin Contributions

Hey there! I wanted to post a quick reply as the designer. We did not install a new template; we created an entirely new site. That's a HUGE difference.

Everyone is 100% correct that had it been JUST a template design, there would have been absolutely no need to touch the database at all. With an entirely new site built from the ground up, including all new settings and new modules, created on our own development server and then launched onto the client's server, a new database was appropriate.

I did import all of the products from the old database into the new one during the development at Peggy's request (both at the beginning of the project and then again before launching the new site) and would have been more than happy to do the same for the customers and orders, but was never asked to do so.

I'm also very confused by the statement:

Quote Originally Posted by smallpigpig View Post
    My designer isn't really replying anymore. (i guess she just wants to get it done)
    Our project management site shows the following message timestamps:

Peggy Lo Mon, 7 Jan at 9:38 PM
    Peggy Lo Mon, 7 Jan at 9:43 PM
    Leila Wylie Mon, 7 Jan at 10:46 PM
    Peggy Lo Mon, 7 Jan at 10:51 PM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 12:01 AM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 12:06 AM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 8:32 AM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 11:55 AM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 12:03 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 12:04 PM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 12:12 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 1:03 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 1:04 PM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 1:06 PM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 1:07 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 4:02 PM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 4:15 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 6:26 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 6:33 PM
    Peggy Lo Tue, 8 Jan at 6:34 PM
    Leila Wylie Tue, 8 Jan at 9:38 PM

So I'm not sure when I stopped replying, except maybe to get a few hours of sleep and eat some dinner with my family. =)

Anyway, I felt like I should reply as I don't feel the situation was presented accurately. Thanks!

Leila