Plugin Contributions

Default Checkout success page - 'shipping method' is 'Shipping' rather than 'Free Shipping'

After upgrade from v137 to v138, I found that on the checkout success page, the shipping methods shows 'Shipping' rather than 'Free Shipping' when it is activated for orders over certain amount of value.

In addition, there is no payment method name under payment method title for gift certificate purchases. It does display for cc payment and money orders.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your attention.

To be simple and genuine - we are naturally the same.
    Review My Zen Cart Shop - Clothing & Accessories Wholesale , Silk Store , Studio Flash Lights

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout success page - 'shipping method' is 'Shipping' rather than 'Free Shippin

If you install a fresh v1.3.8 in another folder and database, can you replicate the problem?
    If not, then you've missed one or more things in your upgrade.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout success page - 'shipping method' is 'Shipping' rather than 'Free Shippin

I have done a fresh install on another folder and the same happens again. As you can see in the screen print follow the link below. Thanks.
    Review My Zen Cart Shop - Clothing & Accessories Wholesale , Silk Store , Studio Flash Lights

Plugin Contributions

The php version is 5.2.0, MySQL is v5.0.27 . This happens at localhost server.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't see this on a fresh install.

Please explain how you have configured your shipping and payment choices, and list any addons you've installed.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did not install any adons for the fresh install. I just copied the whole new v138 files into the local server directory, then install, rather than using FTP upload. Will this problem caused by not using FTP upload?

Plugin Contributions

The configuaration I've done is at admin -> modules -> order total -> shipping:

Order Shipping Cost
    This module is installed
    true
    Sort Order
    Allow Free Shipping
    true
    Free Shipping For Orders Over
    £30.00
    Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made
    national

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hizen View Post
    In addition, there is no payment method name under payment method title for gift certificate purchases. It does display for cc payment and money orders.
    This is to be expected, as there is no actual payment happening.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hizen View Post
    I found that on the checkout success page, the shipping methods shows 'Shipping' rather than 'Free Shipping' when it is activated for orders over certain amount of value.
    You might try editing the /includes/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php file, around line 35, by adding a new line, as shown here:
    Code:
            if ( ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {
              $this->title = FREE_SHIPPING_TITLE;
              $order->info['shipping_method'] = $this->title;
              $order->info['total'] -= $order->info['shipping_cost'];
              $order->info['shipping_cost'] = 0;
            }

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your time and solution. The code you added does the trick. The shipping method shows properly now.