Plugin Contributions

Default Order confirmation email different formats?

I recieve copies of each order confirmation email in plain text but I had a customer send me a copy of the email they recieved and it was totally different to what I recieved. It looked more like the printed invoice? I'm guessing this id HTML format? What determines the format the customer recieves the email confirmation in? The problem I had was the format that the customer recieved didnt show my bank details for a direct deposit whereas the format that I recieved does show.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation email different formats?

What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    What addons/contributions do you have installed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using 1.3.7 I have a few addons, Aussie date format, master password, printable pricelist, blank sidebox. Thats all I can think of.
    I have plenty of customers that seem to get my bank details ok this would be the first who hasn't so maybe there the first to get the confirm email in the different format?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Customers can select their choice of email format during account creation, and they can change their preference in their My Account area.
    You can also update their preference by editing their account in the Admin.

2. You can choose your admin format via Admin->Configuration->Email Options->"Email Admin Format"

3. There was a small quirk in v1.3.7 related to how the email footer would display the extra information from some payment modules.
    The fix is here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...35&postcount=2

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've made the fix, will see what happens, thanks

Plugin Contributions

Well that didnt work, I added the ) and promplty started getting emails from customers saying they couldnt check out, it comes up with a sytax error, unexpected )?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by psr racing View Post
    Well that didnt work, I added the ) and promplty started getting emails from customers saying they couldnt check out, it comes up with a sytax error, unexpected )?
    You mean ... you changed the code and didn't do a test checkout to be sure things were safe?

Go back and re-read the posted fix. It said the ) was in the wrong place. You can't just go adding parentheses.
    Instead, you need to move it to the correct place, as shown in the post.

And then be sure to test a checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I'll study it more closely.

Plugin Contributions

OK all fixed