Plugin Contributions

Default coupon for free gift with gift certificate purchase?

Hi -- I need to set up a coupon code with a zero value for purchases above a specific point. Specifically, my client sells her gift cards online and wants to offer free movie tickets to anyone who places an order for a card worth $75 or more.

Of course, they could just give movie tickets to everyone who orders more than $75 worth of gift card(s), but this all ties in to a radio promo that mentions a code (and bless their souls, they've already bought the air time and ran the ads without asking me how this would work online).

Anyhow, I can set up the coupon, but since you can't use a coupon when buying a gift certificate, Zen-Cart doesn't apply the coupon to the >$75 balance.

I would just sell the cards as regular products (as the store currently only sells gift cards redeemable for services at her brick-and-mortar location), but we'll soon be adding other products to be sold online to which we'd like to be able to apply gift certificate amounts automatically.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there somewhere in, say, ot_coupon.php where I can "turn off" the restriction of use of coupons with gift cards?

Thanks in advance -- I'm stumped.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: coupon for free gift with gift certificate purchase?

hey did you ever figure this out?