Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Links to header images + Hide categories + disable reg and keep cart

Hi! This the cart I'm working on, for reference. I've got a bunch of questions:

1) How may I give those "Home" and "About Us" images a link? Please note they are edited blank_sideboxes.

2) Is there a way to completely hide the categories tree under that "Gallery" image?

3) I would like to disable the account-registration feature, while keeping the cart feature active. Is it doable somehow?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Links to header images + Hide categories + disable reg and keep cart

For what concerns the first question, please also note that I made a special mod that enables you to replace text with images if the images name matches that one of the module (e.g.: boxhead-categories.jpg).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Links to header images + Hide categories + disable reg and keep cart

The Home box has a link, but it is around the content which is empty. Both of the boxes have the image in the heading, so that is where you will need to add the link code.

You can turn off the categories box in Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.

You can require approval to register through admin, but to remove the option you will need to edit php files.
    You could remove the option display by hiding it with css display: none; in all the places it appears.

So you made a mod like Image Titles? :)
    Working from Khopek's thread? In case it it not posted there, there is an enhancement in the finished mod that passes along a link if it exists in the individual original title.
    Last edited by gjh42; 14 Dec 2007 at 07:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    The Home box has a link, but it is around the content which is empty. Both of the boxes have the image in the heading, so that is where you will need to add the link code.
    The problem is I applied this mod, so I don't know how to have direct control over the single images and apply the link...

You can turn off the categories box in Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.
    But I would like to keep the "Gallery" image. So the only way for me is to make a new sidebox?

You can require approval to register through admin, but to remove the option you will need to edit php files.
    You could remove the option display by hiding it with css display: none; in all the places it appears.
    Will do, thanks a bunch.

So you made a mod like Image Titles? :)
    I meant that I found a code here on this forum and made that edit. Sorry, my english is not perfect.

Plugin Contributions

You will need to add the link code in the box file that feeds tpl_box_default_left.php, for each of those sideboxes.

I didn't realize that the Gallery image was the categories box heading. You can use
    #categoriesContent {display: none;}
    to hide the list while keeping the heading.

That code is the base of what became Image Titles. It does have the link-passing ability.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You will need to add the link code in the box file that feeds tpl_box_default_left.php, for each of those sideboxes.

That code is the base of what became Image Titles. It does have the link-passing ability.
    Ok, I've installed Image Titles 1.1. I don't know how to put links nor where to put them. The readme file that comes with Image Titles doesn't explain that.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, you were fine with the mods you did yourself. Creating new links is not part of the Image Titles function. You will need to edit your sidebox files for that. Look at the files for another sidebox that has a title link for an example.
    ($title_link is the variable used to pass this, so a search on that in the Developers Toolkit may help.)
    Last edited by gjh42; 14 Dec 2007 at 07:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

ok, I've found the $title_link thingy (for the What's New module it is FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW), now I just need to know where the link must be specified. Can you link the Developers Toolkit to me, please?

Plugin Contributions

The Developers Toolkit is in your admin > Tools.
    Paste your text in the lower left box, select all files and search. The results will show every file that has that text, with the line number.

Plugin Contributions

I found a lot of references. I found this one in particular:

Line #127 : define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW', 'products_new');
    in filenames.php

Then, I tried to search "products_new" but couldn't understand where to change the "a href"...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast