Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Login as Customer module [Support Thread]

NOTE: This sort of feature is already built-in since Zen Cart v1.5.7, no plugin required.

Hello I have developed a module that allows you to login as a customer from the backend of zencart to place an order. A button apperars under customers that says place order and it will automatically open a new windows and talke you to the frontside on Zen and log you in as that customer. Hope you enjoy and if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

It's available in the downloads section. Download: Admin login as customer plugin

It can be demoed here. http://www.vmitek.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Login as Customer module

Actually there already is a mod that does this too (master password)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

This uses Master Password, the difference is you don't have to lookup the customer on the back end copy their email address, then go to the front end to login. You just select the customer and click place order.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

You're mod appears to rely on register_globals being switched on. 99% of Zen Cart users will have it switched off because it is a security risk.

A warning about it being switched on should have appeared when you installed your demo version of Zen Cart.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the heads up. I will fix that. I unfortuanlty don't have that choice because my hosting provider has it on and I deployed Zen from cpanel using fantasico which I would assume is also the case with alot of Zen users. I think there are alot that use this way of deploying and probably also have globals on, but it is better to not use....thanks for the heads up.

Plugin Contributions

Updatred version that allows for SSL support if you have zen configured to use SSL support admin as well as front end.
    See downloads area.

Plugin Contributions

Hello everybody:
    I installed this contibucion on a page proof and everything right in the installation but when I asked to place order, go to a page that says 404, Not found.
    Someone knows it can happen or if i did something wrong.
    Another wondered if someone knows this contribution is compatible with Super Orders 2.

Greetings.
    Merry Christmas

Plugin Contributions

There is a file that get's copied to the root of your sen installation. The name is login_as_customer.php. In that file you will find a line of code as follows:

<form name='form1' action='/index.php main_page=login&amp;action=process' method='post'>

If you have installed zen into a sub-directory you need to edit this line of code to incluse the sub directory before the index.php.

If you had you Zen installation like so http://www.domain.com/test/ then the line would look like the following:

<form name='form1' action='/test/index.php main_page=login&amp;action=process' method='post'>

If you would like to see a demo of this mod you can go to http://www.vmitek.com/zencart/ I also have other mods installed on this demo site. You can find a complete list of mods on the site.

-vmmeup

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this mod. I would suggest to underline the necessity to change the <form name='form1' action='/index.php main_page=login&amp;action=process' method='post'> line to reflect the exact path in the readme file - I was blocked there for a while.

Still, I have a problem: when I click on the Place Order button, I arrive on the login page, but get a "Security Error". This is a 1.3.8 feature, so I wonder, is this mod compatible with the latest version of ZC? If yes, do you know where this problem could come from? Login with master password is working fine...

sanji

Plugin Contributions

Instead of hard-coding
    PHP Code:
    <form name='form1' action='/index.php main_page=login&amp;action=process' method='post'
    you should use the php constant DIR_WS_CATALOG which will automatically account for installation in a subdirectory.

Something like
    PHP Code:
    <form name='form1' action='<?php echo DIR_WS_CATALOG;?>index.php main_page=login&amp;action=process' method='post'>
    Not sure if it needs to be stated a little differently, but that is the constant to use.

Perhaps
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo '<form name="form1" action="' DIR_WS_CATALOG 'index.php main_page=login&amp;action=process" method="post">';?>
    Last edited by gjh42; 26 Dec 2007 at 03:22 PM.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast