Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Login as Customer module

OK, I installed the latest 1.2 version. But the problem remains the same, you need to pass this securitytoken. Indeed, customers.php was heavily midified for 1.3.8a, and even with all changes, this problem stays.

Hope you can help,

sanji

PS: your upload 1.2 contains lots of hard coded stuff, like the name of the folder in login_as_customer.php, and all texts. It would be great to use the language files for people using other languages...

Plugin Contributions

Ok, also please note that I accidentially used get instead of post for the form variables and have reuploaded it with the proper changes. I plan to put stuff in the language files once I get a fully tested and verified working version for both 1.3.7 & 1.3.8 as well as for the register globals on and off.

I have fixed the sub directory issue by using HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER as well as DIR_WS_CATALOG & DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG.

I did test passing the session security token through on 1.3.8 but I think the problem is that the session data is different from the admin side to the front side so the securityToken is not valid from the admin to the Catalog side. I believe that after the error a front end securityToken is generated and is used that is why once you click login a second time you are able to login, but that is just what I think is happening, not 100% at this point but will be doing more research.

I am open to any suggestions on ways to improve my code, I'm new at this and haven't coded PHP is a few years so I know it's probably pretty ugly. I plan to streamline it as much as I can, but needed the mod so i got it working, on 1.3.7 anyway and now I want to streamline and get working properly on 1.3.8.

Thank You,
    Sid Smith

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I corrected already that post/get stuff.

Indeed, I tried to raise that token question here : http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=64

Obviously, there is a problem with it, but I don't really understand how this token is generated...

For the code, I would mostly suggest to use the existing language datafiles as much as possible, for name, address, email, location, country and so on...

sanji

Plugin Contributions

Sanji,

I solved the securityToken problem. I just need to clean up some code and I will package it up and post for you to try. It will not have the language file changes yet, but I will be working on soon. Just wanted to get it working for you.

Thanks,
    Sid

Plugin Contributions

OK the Admin Login as Customer module now work with Zencart 1.3.8a. I have it up for download at http://www.vmitek.com/zencart/ as V1.3 and will be submitting to the Downloads section of the ZenCart Site.

I will have a ZenCart 1.3.8 Demo site up and online within the next day or so for both SSL and Non-SSL version. I am also continuing to revise the code for this to make it more streamlined.

Things I will be working on:

Using Language Files for Static Data
    Tweak the cosmetics to make it easier on the eyes
    I need to get the state to pass over to the module. (apperantly there is more to the state then meets the eye so I have to do some digging to get the state to show up.)
    Steamiling the code to minimize the variables I am using.
    Adding Support to Flag Disabled Customers (It will allow you to login as a customer even if they are disabled. )
    Adding Customer Memo Support.

Please let me know how it works for you.

Plugin Contributions

I noticed I forgot to include something in the README for the 1.3.8 version.

You need to rename a folder before you copy it in.

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_FOLDER/templates

rename YOUR_TEMPLATE_FOLDER to your template folder name.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, but still a problem: the form and submit button in customers.php is correct, the master password is indicated, but when I click on the Place Order link, I get redirected directly to the index.php?main_page=login page, with no information in the email and password fields...

Indeed, if I directly type the following URL :
    index.php?main_page=login_as_customer

I always finish on that page:
    index.php?main_page=login

The tpl_login_as_customer_default.php file has been placed in both my template and the default_template...

Thanks,

sanji

Plugin Contributions

Do you have register globals = off? This is the only thing I can think of at this point. I have it working perfectly on my 1.3.8a demo site, the only thing is I have register globals = on so I cannot test with it off. I'm assuming you are using the SSL version I published, I will double check the code including with that package to be sure that I included the right files.

I also don't totally understand what you are trying to describe as far as what is happening. If you can try and explain a little better maybe I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
    Sid

Plugin Contributions

Ok so here is what I noticed. On a non SSL 1.3.8 site everything works fine, not a problem at all you can check it out at http://www.vmitek.com/zencart138/admin/ User: Demo Pass: demo1

On my SSL test site something weird is happening. When I click place order I go to the confirmation page then when I go ahead and click Place Order I get a blank page. If I click refresh everything is fine....not sure why this is happehing. I modified my code to detect if SSL is turned on or off, so I am using the exact same code on both sites. The whole blank page thing is really confusing me.

-Sid

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Login as Customer module

I just noticed on my demo SSL 1.3.8 site even if I manually try to login as a customer I get a blank page. This is strange. I'm not sure if this is an issue anyone else has been having, but I'm going to uninstall and reinstall 1.3.8 on my SSL Demo site and try again to see if I get the same problem.

From what I'm seeing I'm confident the code will work I did realize I might not have included a folder needed for this to work in my package. You need to create a folder /includes/modules/pages/login_as_customer there doesn't need to be anything in it, but without it I get 404 error. I will re-install my SSL test site, re-test and re-package up for you to try it. But create that folder and let me know if that helps you.

-Sid

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast