Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Smart Backgrounds support

Thank-You so much for all your help. I think my client is still up in the air on a lot of what she wants.. so before I tell her something is even an option, I like to research it.

She's desperately trying to improve her site for SEO.. and there are conflicting opinions out there concerning flash in the site and headers more relevant to content.. so she's tossing it all around.

Thank you again for all your help!

Plugin Contributions

Well... tried it... and it works perfectly everywhere but the home page... lol

I've still gotta do different animations on the product pages.. but for now it's just a static swf file that doesn't animate vs the home page on that does.

I'm sure this is something simple... probably something to do with the home page not having a cPath to assign the file name to.. I'm trying to figure it out.. but if you have any advice on it.. I'd certainly appreciate it...

The site is http://www.photo-store.memorylanedesigns.com/

Thank-You again!!!

Plugin Contributions

Ha.. figured it out.. the first file needs to be named...

Header_animation_0.js

for the home page other than that.. works perfectly!!

THANK-YOU!!! THANK-YOU!!!

Plugin Contributions

A refinement of the code to account for the home page where there is not a cPath:
    PHP Code:
    <?php //Smart Backgrounds
    $smart_image '';
    if ((
    $current_page_base == 'index' and $_GET[cPath] != 0) or $current_page_base == 'product_info') { //add _ and top cat id to js filename

$smart_image '_' . (int)$_GET[cPath];
    // /Smart Backgrounds?>
    <script src="http://zencart-demo-store2.littleolemedesigns.net/includes/templates/Romance_Divine_Custom/jscript/Header_Animation<?php echo $smart_image;?>.js"></script>
    This will allow the home page to have the basic filename without added _0.

Plugin Contributions

Very Cool!! Thank-You sooooooooooo much for taking the time to help me with this!!

I'm good with html, css, flash, etc... but php just goes right over my head.. I wouldn't have figured this out with out you.. Thank-You!

Plugin Contributions

Smart Backgrounds v2.0 is now available in Downloads.

The code is now located in tpl_main_page.php; this makes it useable on any page element without editing PHP files, only the stylesheet. The stylesheet declarations are all different from the previous version.

Added the ability to change backgrounds for each individual ez-page.

The readme is now HTML for improved legibility.

This version is built on a Zen Cart v1.3.8a base file; transplant code to the appropriate copy of the file for earlier versions.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone used this mod for just their header yet?
    Would love to see what it looks like. I've been trying to find a mod that will allow for a different header on each page. Thanks.
    Last edited by Robbyn7; 26 Apr 2008 at 06:40 AM.

Plugin Contributions

The site in post 42 has an animated header for the home page and the same image static on product pages. Other than that, I can't point you to a site that has header image switching. My test site is on my local pc and it can't be seen over the internet.

This will give you different background images for as many pages as you make them for, and is simple to install (and to uninstall if you decide you don't want it).

The http://nelsonfinearts.com site is working, and switches backgrounds between say the Landscapes and U. S. Marshals categories.
    Last edited by gjh42; 26 Apr 2008 at 07:16 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Gjh42,

Guess, I'll have to wait for someone to post a better example.

What I'm wondering is if this mod is mainly for having different headers on each page or different backgrounds on each page?

Plugin Contributions

This mod works for either custom backgrounds or for custom headers. Most of the instructions are for custom headers, but he does tell you how to do it for custom backgrounds and other areas of the page as well.

If you're wondering what it does.. just try it out.. just don't overwrite your existing files... either take advantage of the template override system or rename the existing files filename_old.php and make the edits to a copy. Then if you don't like it or mess it up, you can always go back to the original.

What I'm doing with it on http://www.memorylanedesigns.com is using it to do a different flash header on each page. Right now I just have animated header on the home page and stationary header with animated buttons on the other pages while I work on the different animations for the the other pages. It was really easy to set up.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast