Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every new zenner shouldn't have to know

Wow, Vladimir7, that's impressive! Good luck with the meeting with the big bosses.

In case you're interested, http://(sorry, site offline)/ allows you to "test drive" the templates before you download any.

I think most of us are too impatient to think about playing around with stuff, but it really helps with Zen Cart.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

InRespect to SUPPORT, someone here should try the new dragon naturally,

I went tothe tech center, and even though I JUST purchased their software they want to charge $9.95 per ticket request,

and on to my little rant, not really a rant but

WHEN someone asks a question, and the people that reply say we need more info, or can you check this and post back, and the person wanting help either WONT answer the question, ignore the question or any of a 100 other things, it gets to the point that no one will help them,

I have a business to run, as do all of the other folks here that volunteer their time,

I dont have the time or the patience to try to help someone that is
    1 to lazy to use the search button,
    2 is to lazy to answer simple questions,
    3 is combative with the answers that they are givin,

you want help fine, remember there is a reason why the link to the forum ISNT on the zc main page,

your supposed to go through the FAQ and the Wiki FIRST.....

then the search on this forum

Then ask the question,

Come on "If you build it they will come" Only applies to Iowa Cornfields and ONLY if Kevin Costner has the script...

I will offer all the help I can when I can but I will not hold anyones hand that isnt willing to try to do the work themselves first,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Wonderfully said!!

I recommended the e-Start book to someone who replied, "I don't WANT to spend the money on the book."

Uh, but you'll waste hours of time whining about not finding answers that are not only on the website, but in the book too? (BTW, for those of you running websites, if you do buy the book, you can usually DEDUCT it as a business expense from your taxes if you're in the US. Don't know about other countries.)

You can only try to help someone so much.

I've haunted many support forums in my day looking for software support, and by far this has always been THE best forum in terms of help and the quality of replies. Other forums are good, yes, but this one has always been at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    I have a business to run, as do all of the other folks here that volunteer their time,

I dont have the time or the patience to try to help someone that is
    1 to lazy to use the search button,
    2 is to lazy to answer simple questions,
    3 is combative with the answers that they are givin,

you want help fine, remember there is a reason why the link to the forum ISNT on the zc main page,

your supposed to go through the FAQ and the Wiki FIRST.....

then the search on this forum

Then ask the question,

Come on "If you build it they will come" Only applies to Iowa Cornfields and ONLY if Kevin Costner has the script...

I will offer all the help I can when I can but I will not hold anyones hand that isnt willing to try to do the work themselves first,
    Lesli in SW Florida ~ writer, teacher, and dodging hurricanes!

Plugin Contributions

I can't disagree with Merlin and Lesli. Merlin hit the issue right on the head.

It's unfortunate that some people can't get past their frustration long enough to see that people are actually trying to help them when they post questions in reply to a request for help. The answers to those questions will help diagnose the problem, especially if it's something that we can't actually look at.

I think the major mistake most people make is trying to do everything at once instead of taking it one step at a time.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Did thread starter TechonaDeck ever respond back?

Vladimir:

You said "how to add custom sorting to the featured products (I just added in another field into the database and added another textbox to featured products)"

Any chance that will become your first contribution?
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

OK then it must be me - thick, but dont paint us all the same. I have tried and i repeat i have paid for the zencart through Servage, but you will probably disagree i have any rights, I might misspell and feel that the best thing i can do is withdraw from this forum. That will please those of you who rather snipe at us than help. GOODBYE

Hello, I am completely new to Zen and a bit of numpty at techy stuff.
    I have ordered the book and am slowly reading through the FAQ's. I managed to answer a couple of relatively simple queries by searching , but find my problem is actually knowing what to ask...
    I agree that most of the answers probably are either here or in FAQ's but sometimes newbies like me dont know enough to actually vocalise the question or problem that we have.
    Susie x

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SusieTFTF View Post
    Hello, I am completely new to Zen and a bit of numpty at techy stuff.
    I have ordered the book and am slowly reading through the FAQ's. I managed to answer a couple of relatively simple queries by searching , but find my problem is actually knowing what to ask...
    I agree that most of the answers probably are either here or in FAQ's but sometimes newbies like me dont know enough to actually vocalise the question or problem that we have.
    Susie x
    Try your best to explain your problem. Most of the time, someone will either answer the question or post a link to a tutorial/FAQ or ask for clarification of the issue.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oakwoodevents View Post
    OK then it must be me - thick, but dont paint us all the same. I have tried and i repeat i have paid for the zencart through Servage, but you will probably disagree i have any rights, I might misspell and feel that the best thing i can do is withdraw from this forum. That will please those of you who rather snipe at us than help. GOODBYE
    Zen Cart is open source - FREE - so your hosting service has no right to sell it to you. If you PAID THEM for it, they should be supporting it for you.

The forums are "manned" on a volunteer basis by users and the programmers.

I know for a fact that Barco helped resolve an issue for you and yet you insist that you get no help from the forum. I also participated in that thread trying to help you. That's gratitude for you.

If you CHOOSE to leave the forum, that's up to you. No one forced you to leave.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webskipper View Post
    Did thread starter TechonaDeck ever respond back?

Vladimir:

You said "how to add custom sorting to the featured products (I just added in another field into the database and added another textbox to featured products)"

Any chance that will become your first contribution?
    Ok I guess that could be possible. I'll just clean up the code a bit and post it later today

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast