Plugin Contributions

Default Database Patch Level Warning after upgrading via fantastico

Greetings,

We have recently upgraded from V 1.3.0.1 to 1.3.7.1
    and this was done with the cpanel Fantastico tool.

We have everything back together, the theme all fixed, the only
    outstanding is the "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.." message.

I have read through many posts, but don't seem to find the answer to solving this issue.

Server info shows Database Patch Level: 1.3.5 ...

Is there an sql patch or something that needs to be applied to remove this message / issue?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Patch Level Warning after upgrading via fantastico

Same thing here. Database patch level says 1.2.6 and im using Zencart version 1.3.8 and I get the same message as you. What do we need to do?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jim cushman View Post
    What do we need to do?
    You need to *never* do an upgrade via Fantastico. It's unreliable.

Use the normal upgrade procedures.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=98

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You need to *never* do an upgrade via Fantastico. It's unreliable.

Use the normal upgrade procedures.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=98
    Well, I just read this after upgrading via Fantastico - wish I had seen this in my upgrade searches.

I'm also seeing the same dbase patch message, with several patch listings as follows:

Zen Cart 1.3.7.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5
    v1.3.0.2 [2008-01-07 21:34:18] (Version Update 1.3.0.1->1.3.0.2)
    v1.3.0.1 [2008-01-07 21:34:18] (Version Update 1.3.0->1.3.0.1)
    v1.3.0 [2008-01-07 21:34:18] (Version Update 1.2.7->1.3.0)
    v1.2.6 [2005-10-25 18:50:36] (Fresh Installation)

I'm assuming that each of these patches must be performed in sequence to make this work. My question is, where can one obtain these patches in code that can be inserted into the dbase using the "Install SQL Patches" tool? From the above, it would appear I need to apply 3 separate patches and then apply the new template I've created for the 1.3.7.1 release, and then stay more current with upgrades. I just didn't want to upgrade to 1.3.7 until I was forced to by my hosting company's software requirements - appears the php version was upgraded today to one that won' work well with the 1.2.6 Zencart.

Do these patches exist somewhere in sql language that can be copied/pasted into the tool options within the cart?

Thanks for any help - searched but couldn't find anything relevant except similar requests.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To do the database-portion of the upgrade steps, follow the FAQ articles you quoted and do the zc_install step. It'll do all the SQL parts for you.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

To do the database-portion of the upgrade steps, follow the FAQ articles you quoted and do the zc_install step. It'll do all the SQL parts for you.
    I just went through the sequence of updating the dbase from 1.2.7 through to 1.3.0.2 which is the highest available for me at this point and the following error occured when going from 1.3.0.1 to 1.3.0.2. Any ideas what would cause this error? I'll search a bit but figured I'd ask since we're already discussing.

1062 Duplicate entry 'Administrator' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_query_builder ( query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Administrator', 'Just the email account of the current administrator', 'select \'ADMIN\' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id');]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbrick View Post
    the following error occured when going from 1.3.0.1 to 1.3.0.2. Any ideas what would cause this error?

1062 Duplicate entry 'Administrator' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_query_builder ( query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Administrator', 'Just the email account of the current administrator', 'select \'ADMIN\' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from TABLE_ADMIN where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id');]
    That means that when the upgrade script tried to run the indicated SQL command as part of the things needed for that step, it found that it had already been done ... presumably by having already run that part of the script already.

Run this via phpMyAdmin and then redo that upgrade step:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM zen_query_builder where query_name = 'Administrator';

Plugin Contributions

That means that when the upgrade script tried to run the indicated SQL command as part of the things needed for that step, it found that it had already been done ... presumably by having already run that part of the script already.

Run this via phpMyAdmin and then redo that upgrade step:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM zen_query_builder where query_name = 'Administrator';
    Should I run all 3 dbase updates again, or just the last when the above error resulted? Thanks for the help on this!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Just run the one that failed.

It should not be asking you to run the prior ones anymore.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I'm amazed at how easy it was to go so many versions up from where I had been - given all the negative comments on the subject. Really didn't seem all that bad to me - but it did require that I rebuild my template. This alone saved me tons of time though - just took a contributed template and modified it slightly - amazing time-saver.

Thanks for the help and if you have any suggestions for the site, let me know: www.flyingbrickperformance.com