Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA, St. Louis
    Posts
    3,719
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    OK, I had updated the Optional Insurance mod that had been hanging around. I got it working for 1.3.6 and 1.3.7 (and earlier), but since 1.3.8 came out, it is broken. I've tried a few things, and have done a lot of file comparing, but I can't figure out the issue. With this mod enabled, the Checkout Payment page is completely blank. There are no errors in the error log. Does an expert on what is new in 1.3.8 have any suggestions on what I should focus on?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    33,805
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    Jade - the only difference I can think of that could be affecting it is the security token that is now being used.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

    Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA, St. Louis
    Posts
    3,719
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Jade - the only difference I can think of that could be affecting it is the security token that is now being used.
    Hmmm, any tips on files to look to for adjustments? The optional insurance mod is loaded on Step 2 of checkout, and is in the modules/order_total/ folder. I've tried comparing 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 of other modules/order_total/ files but I can't find any differences that would help me fix the issue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    69,394
    Plugin Contributions
    6

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    You have this section of code:
    PHP Code:
                if ($pass == 'true') {
                    
    $cart_content_type $_SESSION['cart']->get_content_type();
                    
    $gv_content_only $_SESSION['cart']->gv_only();
                    if (
    $cart_content_type == 'physical' or $cart_content_type == 'mixed') {
                        
    $charge_it true;
                    } else {
                        
    // check to see if everything is virtual, if so - skip the low order fee.
                        
    if ((($cart_content_type == 'virtual') and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_VIRTUAL == 'true')) {
                            
    $charge_it false;
                            if (((
    $gv_content_only 0) and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_GV == 'false')) {
                                
    $charge_it true;
                            }
                        }
                        
                        if (((
    $gv_content_only 0) and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_GV == 'true')) {
                            
    // check to see if everything is gift voucher, if so - skip the low order fee.
                            
    $charge_it false;
                            if (((
    $cart_content_type == 'virtual') and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_VIRTUAL == 'false')) {
                                
    $charge_it true;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    
    //end else - $pass is still open
                
    }
                
    //end pass 
    NOTE: $charge_it is using true or false ...

    However, everywhere else, $charge_it is using: 'true' and 'false' ...

    Same with $usps ...

    Not sure if there is an issue caused by this as I have not had time to test this module ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 27 Dec 2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: forgot the quotes
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

    Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

    Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

    Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA, St. Louis
    Posts
    3,719
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You have this section of code:
    PHP Code:
                if ($pass == 'true') {
                    
    $cart_content_type $_SESSION['cart']->get_content_type();
                    
    $gv_content_only $_SESSION['cart']->gv_only();
                    if (
    $cart_content_type == 'physical' or $cart_content_type == 'mixed') {
                        
    $charge_it true;
                    } else {
                        
    // check to see if everything is virtual, if so - skip the low order fee.
                        
    if ((($cart_content_type == 'virtual') and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_VIRTUAL == 'true')) {
                            
    $charge_it false;
                            if (((
    $gv_content_only 0) and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_GV == 'false')) {
                                
    $charge_it true;
                            }
                        }
                        
                        if (((
    $gv_content_only 0) and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_GV == 'true')) {
                            
    // check to see if everything is gift voucher, if so - skip the low order fee.
                            
    $charge_it false;
                            if (((
    $cart_content_type == 'virtual') and MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_VIRTUAL == 'false')) {
                                
    $charge_it true;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    
    //end else - $pass is still open
                
    }
                
    //end pass 
    NOTE: $charge_it is using true or false ...

    However, everywhere else, $charge_it is using: true and false ...

    Same with $usps ...

    Not sure if there is an issue caused by this as I have not had time to test this module ...
    Would that be a 1.3.8 ONLY issue though? And I'm not fully following what you mean.

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    69,394
    Plugin Contributions
    6

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    I don't know the issues with your module ... I just noticed that you are interchanging true and 'true' and false with 'false' ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

    Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

    Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

    Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    5,570
    Plugin Contributions
    210

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    Jettrue, the problem is as described here:

    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=212

    For some reason (seems odd to me) this is a credit class and credit classes need a get_order_total() function in 1.3.8. You can start with the one in Quantity Discounts if you'd like or use one of the native modules (Group Discounts, etc.) for a template. But my suspicion is that you in fact do not want this to be a credit class.

    Scott
    That Software Guy, Plugin Moderator. Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Contributions: Quantity Discounts, Better Together, SMS on Sale, Gift Wrap at Checkout, and more.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    77
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    This mod should actually be incorporated into Zencart future versions as many users send goods via the postal service and such and thus use insurance. I am constantly using it. This has now caused me yet another headache. Hope a fix is done soon Jettrue. Please post updates to this thread. I am subscribed to it now as I am sure others will be. Good luck!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA, St. Louis
    Posts
    3,719
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Jettrue, the problem is as described here:

    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=212

    For some reason (seems odd to me) this is a credit class and credit classes need a get_order_total() function in 1.3.8. You can start with the one in Quantity Discounts if you'd like or use one of the native modules (Group Discounts, etc.) for a template. But my suspicion is that you in fact do not want this to be a credit class.

    Scott
    Thanks for the heads up Scott. I may not want it to be a credit class, but what a credit class even is is beyond me, so whether or not I want it to be one is moot. I simply updated this mod from some old mod someone else created. I am a php hacker, not a writer. But the above should help me hack it back together.

    Ajeh, if you read my first post, you would have seen that the issue was that it worked in 1.3.7, but not in 1.3.8.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    5,570
    Plugin Contributions
    210

    Default Re: Need expert help updating Optional Insurance Mod for 1.3.8

    Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Scott. I may not want it to be a credit class, but what a credit class even is is beyond me, so whether or not I want it to be one is moot
    OK. Delete line 25 which says

    $this->credit_class = 'true';

    and retest.
    That Software Guy, Plugin Moderator. Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Contributions: Quantity Discounts, Better Together, SMS on Sale, Gift Wrap at Checkout, and more.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v151 Numinix Optional/Required Shipping Insurance - Help with Zencart 1.51
    By kapsolas in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2 Jan 2013, 09:19 PM
  2. optional insurance mod
    By christianstogether in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9 Jan 2011, 11:23 AM
  3. Blank Page On Checkout -- turned out to be Optional Shipping Insurance mod
    By 2004g35 in forum Upgrading from 1.3.x to 1.3.9
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31 Dec 2007, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR