Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Edit "More Information" sidebox pages?

The default ZC installation comes with a sidebar module "More Information". The entries there are Page 2, Page 3, Page 4. I found how to edit the content of those pages (Admin -> Define Pages Editor) but how do I change the title? How can I add or remove those pages from the box? Could I add such a page that runs some PHP code?

I searched the forum and tutorial pages, but couldn't find anything. Everyone is talking about Ez-Pages only, but I believe those aren't EZ-pages right?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit "More Information" sidebox pages?

Lesli in SW Florida ~ writer, teacher, and dodging hurricanes!

I'm having the same issue/question and I have searched high and low and have not been able to find the answer. The tutorial madnumbler links to shows you how to edit the "Page 2" HEADINGS and titles, but that doesn't change my front page from saying "Page 2", "Page 3", and "Page 4" under "more information". I want to be able to have something like "FAQ, About us" etc titles in the "more information" box. And, as dude_s said, it would be nice if I could add more pages instead of just the page 2, 3, and 4...

dude_s, I found a partial answer for you (with LOTS of searching, hehe).

Edit /includes/languages/(yourtemplate)/english.php

Search for "BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE" and you'll see 'Page 2' and 'Page 3' and 'Page 4' which you can edit to 'FAQ', 'About Us', etc. That will change the titles in the "More Information" sidebox on all your pages.

You can follow the tutorial madmumbler linked to to change the page titles on the actual pages.

If you want to get fancy about renaming the actual filename, and/or adding more pages, I think you can edit /includes/modules/sideboxes/more_information.php , but I've not done that yet, so you're on your own. :) (although if you end up doing it, I'd appreciate a little help doing it myself!)

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

I like to customize stuff (I probably have control issues) and I was bangin' around in the Zen Cart trying to customize the 'Information' and 'More Information' side boxes and I came up with the following:
    To disable links like Page 2 & Page 3 in the 'More Information' sidebox,
    open /includes/modules/sideboxes/more_information.php
    and change the page status from one to zero:
    CHANGE:
    if (DEFINE_PAGE_3_STATUS <= 1)
    TO:
    if (DEFINE_PAGE_3_STATUS <= 0)

I found it helpful to create a template directory(/includes/modules/sideboxes/your-template) with copies of these files so the main cart would be unaffected in case I want to copt the whole cart over to another site.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Edit or Add "More Information" sidebox pages?

Quote Originally Posted by shadoh View Post
    dude_s, I found a partial answer for you (with LOTS of searching, hehe).

Edit /includes/languages/(yourtemplate)/english.php

Search for "BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE" and you'll see 'Page 2' and 'Page 3' and 'Page 4' which you can edit to 'FAQ', 'About Us', etc. That will change the titles in the "More Information" sidebox on all your pages.

You can follow the tutorial madmumbler linked to to change the page titles on the actual pages.

If you want to get fancy about renaming the actual filename, and/or adding more pages, I think you can edit /includes/modules/sideboxes/more_information.php , but I've not done that yet, so you're on your own. :) (although if you end up doing it, I'd appreciate a little help doing it myself!)

Good luck!
    How To Edit or Add A New Link (Page_1 is used in the attached example) To The MORE INFORMATION SIDEBOX.
    Link / Text Can Be Turned ON/OFF In: ADMIN/CONFIGURATION/DEFINE PAGE STATUS
    Link Can Be Edited In: ADMIN/TOOLS/DEFINE PAGES EDITOR

RJR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit or Add "More Information" sidebox pages?

RJR,

Thanks for the excellent instructions. They were simple to understand and easy to follow.

Ajay Bathija

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to add another page within my "more information" sidebox. I have added the link but it reads "main_page=FILENAME_PAGE_5".

Not sure why this is happening. Anyone know how i can properly add an additional page to that sidebox?

Plugin Contributions

Did you ever find the how do add page 4, 5, ... I've looked everywhere but still can not find the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZCguy View Post
    I am trying to add another page within my "more information" sidebox. I have added the link but it reads "main_page=FILENAME_PAGE_5".

Not sure why this is happening. Anyone know how i can properly add an additional page to that sidebox?

Plugin Contributions

I have submitted a mod to the downloads section (awaiting approval) that will add Pages 5, 6, and 7 to the More Information sidebox.

PM if you are interested in the download.

Tina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast